Anyone Purchased Extended Warranty Plan ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$7,000 sure seems really expensive even for a Cadillac. Most are between $2000-$3000.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Escalade 2021 ESV and I bought the extended warranty through the dealership. I think mine was 7k. I have 32k miles on mine now and I have had the lifter issue, a severed injector harness grounding wire, a faulty rear leg taillight and now I’m about to take it in for an exhaust shell in the cabin. Honestly looking back, I wouldn’t have bought it because I don’t think the truck will make it to 60k before I dump it. My two cents.
I'm thinking everything done to your Esky this far was covered by the original factory warranty? Did you get a service package with this warranty?

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a GMEPP Protection plan a few months after the Yukon purchase in 2021 from Knapp Motors. It's good through 2028 as we keep our vehicles for a long time.

maddocmatt

Reaction score
I'm thinking everything done to your Esky this far was covered by the original factory warranty? Did you get a service package with this warranty?
Yes you are correct. No out of pocket. I think my point is the reliability at this point makes me think I won’t even really use the extended warranty. I just don’t feel that the build quality is there.

There is more to the story. I also had a 2021 Yukon Denali that I had to lemon at 4K miles after stranding my family and I 4 times with a no key fob detected error. You can look up my other post called haunted nightmare if you are in for a good story.

I also have the service contract but that was a gift from GM for the Yukon incident.

So going back to my original thoughts. I have no faith in getting 100k miles out of this rig. Therefore an extended warranty is just a waste at this point.

As a side note, I really do love what this thing offers. My family road trips, camps, skis, pulls a side by side on trailer, takes our kids friends and the dog etc.. that’s what this beast is for. I just wish the damn thing wasn’t falling apart . There isn’t even a comparable vehicle. I took 4 adults, 3 kids, a dog, a pop up sun shade, dirt bike gear, coolers, chairs and our side by side for a day to play, no other vehicle on the market had the space, power, amenities that these rigs have.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they can’t really be any more unreliable than the pickups…same: trans, engine, transfer case, rear diff, steering rack, etc. But, I hear you…hoping these
incidents are few and far between…but the evidence seems to be mounting. Sure glad my dealer “includes” a lifetime powertrain service contract…

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they can’t really be any more unreliable than the pickups…same: trans, engine, transfer case, rear diff, steering rack, etc. But, I hear you…hoping these
incidents are few and far between…but the evidence seems to be mounting. Sure glad my dealer “includes” a lifetime powertrain service contract…
I wouldn't worry. Every manufacturer has 'lemons' and most are attributed to a weak service department who don't know how to repair things correctly the first time. They guess 4 times and the jig is up in most cases.

The purpose behind the lemon law is to give dealers the incentive to fix things correctly the first time. But many don't have qualified staff on hand or even know the number to TAC.

I was a GM transmission and heavy line tech for years and the stuff i read here makes my blood boil. We would get in so much trouble after a comeback it was crazy. But we were also certified and the instances were so rare that we just didn't think about it..

Good luck to you all. But don't read too deep into the issues people are presenting here unless you find yourself at a incompetent service departments mercy.

micsky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is certainly a personal choice to buy ...for me I like the peace of mind, even though I know it's a dumb financially. For Yukon 2023 was quoted $5800 for 8 year 100K (5/64 over standard). Paid $4300 ...which I know I still overpaid ...but whatever. Would not recommend trusting any warrantee other then GM's; heard too many stories of others buying insurance only to discovery "it does not cover that".

Best of luck, and if you a good negotiator, I'm sure you can do better than me ...for the only thing we can negotiate these days.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I got a '22 Yukon Denali XL, and thinking about purchasing an extended warranty plan to ensure my drivetrain is covered. Has anyone been purchasing the extended plans for their Tahoes/Yukons, or do y'll ride it out and fix things as you go? I currently have 19k miles on the vehicle, purchased in March of this year. We take it on long road trips with the kids, and this is our primary kid hauler around town. We do expect to keep the car for 9-10 years (hopefully!) as we really like the room inside. My downside is - I was quoted $3,200 for 6 years and 90k miles. 6 years start ticking from my purchase date, so I essentially get 3 extra years or 90k miles total whichever comes first. I always drove Japanese SUVs, and never really kept them past 5 years. So wondering if warranty is a good investment here, or are these trucks pretty reliable? My brother just crossed 200,000 mile in his '09 Tundra and never had any major issues. But seeing how much electronics these new trucks have, and how many folks complain of the lifter and transmission issues, I'm a bit nervous losing my manufacturer warranty a year from now (high miles).

I usually buy the extended warranty right before the factory bumper to bumper warranty goes out. That way I get my money's worth. The way I do it is buy the vehicle and finance it thru the manufacturer then right before the warranty goes out, I refinance thru my credit union. The credit union always sells me the extended warranty for half of what the dealers want. The last two vehicles extended warranties paid for their selves. The warranty for my BMW 335 right before it hit 100k paid just over 5k in repairs. My honda accord (current daily) has already paid over 2k in repairs and I just hit 110k miles on it. I still have 10k miles left on the extended warranty, after it expires I'm getting rid of it.

Last edited:

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OTOH, I still have $16k in the bank that I never used to buy extended warranties on anything over the past 30 years. That'll pay for a lot of parts for me to fix my 2022 Tahoe, if anything ever goes wonky on it.

I'd rather not bet against myself. Most folks haven't figured that out yet.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OTOH, I still have $16k in the bank that I never used to buy extended warranties on anything over the past 30 years. That'll pay for a lot of parts for me to fix my 2022 Tahoe, if anything ever goes wonky on it.

I'd rather not bet against myself. Most folks haven't figured that out yet.
^^^ This!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons