Threshold for extending an extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rizop

Reaction score
Hi there ! Many apologies if this has been asked before but does anyone know what the threshold date/mileage is for extending and extended warranty ?

I have the extension of the limited bumper to bumper manufacturers warranty (it extends the bumper to bumper coverage from 3 years / 36k to 5 years /60k) that is a bit different from the gmpp

I’m burning through the miles rather quickly . If I were to buy a gmpp warranty to extend the years / mileage out further , would my deadline to do this be at the original 35k mark , or the extended 59k mark ? I’ve called a few places but it’s tough finding a definite answer

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there ! Many apologies if this has been asked before but does anyone know what the threshold date/mileage is for extending and extended warranty ?

I have the extension of the limited bumper to bumper manufacturers warranty (it extends the bumper to bumper coverage from 3 years / 36k to 5 years /60k) that is a bit different from the gmpp

I’m burning through the miles rather quickly . If I were to buy a gmpp warranty to extend the years / mileage out further , would my deadline to do this be at the original 35k mark , or the extended 59k mark ? I’ve called a few places but it’s tough finding a definite answer
36k was bumper to bumper. Don’t play around unless you are really tight with the service mgr.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This time frame is not covered in the existing warranty paperwork? Make a call to who sold it to you? Called a few places? What places?

Yet, another reason I would never buy an extended warranty.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you can always buy a vehicle service contract (many here call it an "extended warranty" but it is not a warranty, it is a contracted agreement between two parties to cover certain parts of a certain vehicle for a certain amount of time).

You can buy one whenever you can find a service contract seller to sell you one -- which is any time; the factor will be how much it costs...

You know, you buy a used car, the dealer tries to sell you a service contract, just like when you buy a new one.

There is no "deadline." Although different service contract sellers may have different limits on what they will cover, for how long, and how much.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
Would I be able to get the extended warranty through GM at 36,500 miles? I haven't had any issues with my 22' Denali but peace of mind I suppose.

BacDoc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Contact Knapp automotive group as they sell GM warranty at a discounted price and can tell you the date you need to extend it by.
I was looking over the different plans on the Knapp site and it looks like the Platinum plan covers everything. I never bought any “extended warranty” products on a new vehicle in the past and I didn’t buy one on my new 2024 Tahoe, but none of my other vehicles had as much hi tech equipment. There sure is a lot of computers and expensive gadgets in all these new trucks.

I would be curious to hear about some one's experience with this. Would they really cover the air suspension up to 60k miles if it fails? Some of these “contracts” are dozens of pages with fine print! Anyone glad they bought the Platinum package?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking over the different plans on the Knapp site and it looks like the Platinum plan covers everything. I never bought any “extended warranty” products on a new vehicle in the past and I didn’t buy one on my new 2024 Tahoe, but none of my other vehicles had as much hi tech equipment. There sure is a lot of computers and expensive gadgets in all these new trucks.

I would be curious to hear about some one's experience with this. Would they really cover the air suspension up to 60k miles if it fails? Some of these “contracts” are dozens of pages with fine print! Anyone glad they bought the Platinum package?
I suggest reading the contract and finding out what the exclusions are...the platnium usually is "All parts except..." and then a list of the exceptions. That is pretty clear...its either a part that is excluded or it isn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar