GM better come up with something better than their current engine lineups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The reason I've intentionally NEVER purchased a first year of a new or generation change vehicle. I wait a year or two for the bugs to get worked out.

Kind of like being a beta tester, but you don't get the vehicle for free, lol.

I do appreciate everyone that does though. I appreciate the time spent and headaches having to deal with all the problems so future models will be hassle free

Last edited:

Dez78n

Reaction score
Huh the 2023 has not even been released yet. How do you know it is ugly as sin? LOL :)
Thats ture, but they've always been ugly, so I'm not holding my breath. Something about lipstick on a pig..:evillol:

easymoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wonder what GM is going too do in the future too compete with Toyota. On September 19th Toyota introduced the new engines that will be in the new Tundra and most likely the newly redesigned 2023 Toyota Sequoia that gets introduced later this year. Toyota is going away from V8 engines and are going too offer two 3.5 liter twin turbo V6 engines. The I-Force max has an electric motor sandwiched between the engine and transmission. The base 3.5 twin turbo I-Force engine pumps out 389hp with 479lb-ft of torque. The I-Force Max hybrid engine jumps those numbers up to an amazing 437hp and 583 lb-ft of torque. They can tow of to 12,000 pounds!!!!! I was going too order a 2022 Tahoe with the 3.0 diesel too replace our current 2021 Tahoe with the 5.3 that we Lemon lawed but they put the 3.0 diesel on hold until the end of the year. We are also replacing our 2013 Honda Pilot with a diesel Suburban or Yukon XL next summer. After having seen the numbers on these engines from Toyota it looks like my wife and I will be getting his and hers Toyota Sequoias View attachment 351339 LOL. Their engines have diesel torque numbers along with great MPG capability and 0-60 numbers that should be sub 6 seconds with the I-Force max engine. I'll be interested too see if GM is going too counter with a Turbo V6 and or hybrid option soon. Lets face it a 5.3 v8 and 6.2 v8 with a DFM system is way behind the times now. An all electric large SUV won't work for our family because we take long trips and tow stuff. Come on GM get with the times!!!!!!!! https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/tundra/
I dont like turbos. Sure they make a lot of power but i dont like reving them that high to get there.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
All I have to add is that I'm surprised Toyota is keeping the Sequoia around. I truly thought they would axe it due to extremely low sales.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I have to add is that I'm surprised Toyota is keeping the Sequoia around. I truly thought they would axe it due to extremely low sales.
It's probably a loss leader, it's their Suburban and is really more of a 2500 like yours than a 1500. It has high axle ratings and tow ratings and low cargo capacity. Despite the numbers, the GM trucks are far more useful and capable when it comes to towing.

fr8bil

Reaction score
true the turbo needs to cool-off first before being shut down (each time) which is inconvenient for a daily driver, if one had a alarm system installed like I have in my vehicles you could just press a button, take the key out, lock it and walk away and it will automatically shut off after 10 minutes.
That walking away with the key removed and the doors locked is exactly what the ISSPRO Turbo Temp monitor permitted doing. The propaganda the Manufacturers want you to believe that "Thermal Convection" will cool the turbo after shut-down is pure rubbish and, sadly, many owners will discover this the hard $$$ way.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno. I've had four Japanese cars among my GM's and I didn't keep them long. They worked, but I did not like them at all. They were mushy or they were tinny and all were homely. I did not enjoy driving or owning them, more like appliances than cars. My Dad had a Lexus once and was really sorry he bought it and went back to GM after a year of Lexus leaks and failures - almost as bad as a German car. I think the reputation of Japanese cars has more to do with America hating Ralph Nader than the quality of the cars. When it comes to standing up to hard use, collision survival, usefulness, styling, value for the money, American cars are generally best.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... Looks like GM came up with something.

Just released a couple days ago:

Wait... Were we talking about specifically coming out with something electric, boosted, and/or more efficient on gas?!?!? Nevermind...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645