GM better come up with something better than their current engine lineups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lurch00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont like turbos. Sure they make a lot of power but i dont like reving them that high to get there.
With variable-geometry turbos lag is a thing of the past. I have a 3.5 EcoBoost there is no perceptible lag like our Volvo or old WRX had.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny I come across this thread again, just as I've started considering a Sequoia for my next SUV.

I have always been either a Ford or GM guy. After GM dropped their RWD BOF sedans, I switched to the Grand Marquis. It was the most reliable car I've ever owned.

Sadly, my 2002 Tahoe hasn't been nearly as reliable as my father's '97 Tahoe. And I'm talking about expensive problems too. I was very disappointed that I had to replace a cracked head. Previously I only heard of warped or cracked heads on the V6's. Fortunately it seems that GM fixed that problem. Now I hear of lifter issues even on both DFM and AFM systems. Out of all the millions of SUV's made, the number of lifter failures is probably not so bad, but it does seem to be a problem that will eventually crop up the longer you keep a vehicle.

GM has had years to fix the lifter issue once and for all. Considering how much work it is to replace lifters, I really wish they could have fixed it. How hard is it for the engineers to work out a new reliable design?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9