BMW 530d

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CTown Duramax

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s just that BMW is built for the European consumer, and the logic there is European, familiar to a European, but the Tahoe is an American with American logic. Moreover, put an unusual European in a Tahoe, and he will struggle in the historian from the unusual layout of the cabin))) I can say that, for example, the automatic transmission lever familiar to Americans under the steering wheel, which Mercedes switched to in Europe, was not cursed only by the lazy)))
Yes, the BMW is great on intercity highways at 200 mph, but the Tahoe/Yukon is not far behind it. For me, a comfortable speed on highways is 90-110 mph. And this speed allows you to cover long distances between cities quite quickly)))) It only eats oil at such speeds)))
Vladimir2306: I certainly understand what you're saying, but I still think BMW really needs to simplify its gauge and control layout - or make a simplified version for rentals.

200 kph - now and then 210 - was plenty fast for me. Years ago, I used to drive Autobahn Frankfurt-Hamburg every week and felt compelled to go all out 240 kph. I got the knack of driving like that, it ended up being too stressful for me. Now I'm happy driving 160-180 kph, beyond that, things happen too fast for me to be safe.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vladimir2306: I certainly understand what you're saying, but I still think BMW really needs to simplify its gauge and control layout - or make a simplified version for rentals.

200 kph - now and then 210 - was plenty fast for me. Years ago, I used to drive Autobahn Frankfurt-Hamburg every week and felt compelled to go all out 240 kph. I got the knack of driving like that, it ended up being too stressful for me. Now I'm happy driving 160-180 kph, beyond that, things happen too fast for me to be safe.
Why is this BMW? make simplified versions? :)) All manufacturers force drivers to adapt to themselves. If you drive a Toyota, then you get used to it, if you drive a BMW, then you are used to BMW, and if you drive a GM, then you get used to GM, and then it’s difficult for you in a Toyota or a BMW))
As for speed...the world is developing funny))) At a time when Germany is reducing the number of unlimited autobahns, we are building more and more new highways in Russia. Which allow you to overcome long distances between cities with high average speed. like 650 km in 4-4.5 hours, or 900 km in 6 hours)))

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is this BMW? make simplified versions? :)) All manufacturers force drivers to adapt to themselves. If you drive a Toyota, then you get used to it, if you drive a BMW, then you are used to BMW, and if you drive a GM, then you get used to GM, and then it’s difficult for you in a Toyota or a BMW))
As for speed...the world is developing funny))) At a time when Germany is reducing the number of unlimited autobahns, we are building more and more new highways in Russia. Which allow you to overcome long distances between cities with high average speed. like 650 km in 4-4.5 hours, or 900 km in 6 hours)))
You are not seriously comparing Germany to Russia are you? I’m sure it’s better now but even in early/mid 2000’s going 10-100km outside cities, infrastructure was non existent. Unless you are driving Moscow - St. Petersburg, where else can you travel 600km in 4 hours??

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are not seriously comparing Germany to Russia are you? I’m sure it’s better now but even in early/mid 2000’s going 10-100km outside cities, infrastructure was non existent. Unless you are driving Moscow - St. Petersburg, where else can you travel 600km in 4 hours??
For 20 years, everything has changed a lot)) very, very much)) from Moscow to St. Petersburg, yes, the road takes 4-4.5 hours 700 km)) from Moscow to Kazan. 850 km in 6 hours))). From Moscow to Nizhny Tagil almost 1900 km in 16.5 hours, this includes the passage through the Ural Mountains)))
So yes)) I seriously compare Russia and Germany at the moment))) In addition to roads, we have long had electronic documents for a car or a driver's license, which you can carry in a smartphone, and not take cards with you))

Attachments

• IMG_20240114_080649.jpg
    IMG_20240114_080649.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240107_131137.jpg
    IMG_20240107_131137.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 4

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For 20 years, everything has changed a lot)) very, very much)) from Moscow to St. Petersburg, yes, the road takes 4-4.5 hours 700 km)) from Moscow to Kazan. 850 km in 6 hours))). From Moscow to Nizhny Tagil almost 1900 km in 16.5 hours, this includes the passage through the Ural Mountains)))
So yes)) I seriously compare Russia and Germany at the moment))) In addition to roads, we have long had electronic documents for a car or a driver's license, which you can carry in a smartphone, and not take cards with you))

May I ask what the "))" and ")))" symbols in your message mean?

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I ask what the "))" and ")))" symbols in your message mean?
This sign means a smile. There is a cheerful smile))) and there is a sad smile ((( I thought this is what they mean all over the world. And I, as a person who is constantly smiling, often use this sign in messages)

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sign means a smile. There is a cheerful smile))) and there is a sad smile ((( I thought this is what they mean all over the world. And I, as a person who is constantly smiling, often use this sign in messages)
At least here in USA we : ) and : ( except remove the space between them. Otherwise the forum software turns them into cartoon symbols like this - :)

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least here in USA we : ) and : ( except remove the space between them. Otherwise the forum software turns them into cartoon symbols like this - :)
cool))) I noticed that among modern teenagers this sign has been replaced by the phrase Ha-Ha))) or Aha)) which also means a smile or laughter)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan