Getting so sick of a bad ride in the tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a ****** ride too...its horrible...I cant even hit a speed bump at 15mph without the front end going up then scraping the street...and the back pops up then down fast too...I can do 25mph over speed bumps and not feel ANYTHING in our F150...and my Moms BMW Z4...does it with no problem also

OH...and Im RUNNING STOCK RIMS AND TIRES WITH PLENTY OF SIDEWALL!!!!!!!!!

And I do have Bilstein HDs on all four corners...Im about to put my stock keys back in

but then again, all the rattles and vibration and rough ride could be caused by the fact that I know run steel body mounts ;) lol

Good luck bro...let us know how it goes for you

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im hopeing with my stock keys back in, control arms, all new steering up front, new shocks in front and rear i will be fine...

btw im on 265/75/16s for the winter and the ride is just as bad...even with air in the helpers in the rear it feels like i bottom the coils out..

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
My truck rode smooth as butter with 5psi in the bags running your coils.

Last edited:

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the helper bags help the ride any with the Mcgaughys 3/5? My shock busted earlier and everything is Mcgaughys...WTH..:emotions122:

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Helper bags are like 80 bucks and the white truck i posted on 24s he has the complete rear djm kit and hauls 300 pounds every weekend of djm equipment in the back of his truck and has no probs at all.

04YUKON

Reaction score
Nick...

I'll put money on it... It's your front shocks bottoming out on and with the bump stops in the front...

I have the complete djm calmax setup... Upper and lower arms (front) tb rear.. But wanted to go lower... So i ordered a torsion key... Im using ther djm calmax shocks all the way around...

The rear free travel mod is a must! I took the whold damn thing out and have no bump stop in the rear what so ever... I do have all the sway bar end links and the trailing arm adjustment pieces... The clunk you people are hearing from the rear ,if your sway bar is not shifted as it needs be ,to the right that half inch... Is the sway bay knocking on the frame of the truck in the right hand corner and causing the truck to ride like a basket ball...

All said and done... Im riding on 24"s probably a 5/5.5 drop tucking the front end with 295-35-24's i also tow a 23' ar-230 from florida to seattle... The helper bag is a must for the towing... The tb spring is too soft to handle the 4400 lbs boat.
I did have the hd 5" spring in before ,while doing the xcountry towing... And now have just the tb spring and am planning on adding air...

My opinion:

Get new shocks (a)
cut the front bump stop in half and put it back in (b)
ditch the torsion key and use a factory one unless yer planning to stay rediculas low...get the lower control arm and all the rear parts... Do the tb spring... If you tow... Deff get the helper bag...

I just last week had 5 grown ass ppl in the truck and hit some good bumps like toss you out the seat kinda bumps and i got very little fender liner scrapes.... And no bottoming metal to metal....

Chances are it will never ride like it did on yer stocks especially in rough ****** roads and or dirt roads with the 24's but interstate is almost corvette like...

The pix in my album are the 3/5 kit... I will get the updated pix here soon.... And if anyone can help.... How in the hell do you get a pic up with yer post and or under your screen name...

If you have anymore questions call or txt...

904-361-8800
scott.

Cocotits

Reaction score
This is what I have been lookin for. So I have the blue djm drop coils and shock brackets. And the rear is super rough. I could be hittin trailing arm with sway bar? So basically definitely need the modded sway bar struts and also trailing arm relocaters or just one of them?

And someone on here said bilstein doesnt make drop shocks? But a lot of you guys run them. I guess that means that the shocks don't ever bottom out?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have bilsteins hds they are rough, or firm i guess. I personally dont care for the ride. More control of the road, but here in houston, lots of potholes, uneven roads, all around junk roads and always construction, dont go well with them, for my experience with them. Had them for quite some time now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10