Get a catch can before any mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have your catchcan hoses switched.
The valve cover hose connects to the side of the catchcan, the top hose from the catchcan goes to the engines intake.
The oil in the air is filtered/collected going into the can, not coming out. The top hose should go to the valve cover.

My engine has no leaks after installing my carchcan. I also have the airaid intake only I don't have an inlet hose hooked up to it. Mine runs directly to my throttle body..

You may want to switch your hoses and see if this helps your problem. You current setup is just venting the clean side head to air and not much oil comes out that side but your driver side is definitely sucking oil into the intake. The only time your catchcan is catching oil is after the engine stops running and the oil drips down from the filter mesh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DRC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well dummy me I just looked and mine is plumbed correct valve cover in the top and the middle to the intake, sorry for the mistake.:sorrysign::killer::angry94:
I don't know what in the heck I was thinking.
Getting older does not always mean your getting wiser.

You should be able to see in my picture the inlet is mid-way, my 07 does not have a direct inlet at the throttle body.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I was told by CatchCan and viewed a few on this thread pretty much everyone I paid attention to has it plumbed the way I did.
I'll check it out again though, Thx

Your right I just looked at #1 post and the valve cover hose connects to the top.
But CatchCan did tell me to connect the valve cover on the middle connection.

You should be able to see in my picture the inlet is mid-way, my 07 does not have a direct inlet at the throttle body.
Correct, the top hose goes to the valve cover. I'm also wondering if your leaks are the result of connecting the hoses backwards. Mine is fine, no drips.

DRC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well dummy me I just looked and mine is plumbed correct valve cover in the top and the middle to the intake, sorry for the mistake.:sorrysign::killer::angry94:
I don't know what in the heck I was thinking.
Getting older does not always mean your getting wiser.

After finding mine is connected the right way like Red Rocket & Bottomline 2000 said, I'm back to the oil leaks I had and no longer have by adding the breather.

Just keep a eye, if any leaks pop up now you'll know what the cause might be.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed oil buildup in my intake tube and wondered, why run just the driver side valve cover to the catch can and not the passenger side too? It would just be a couple T-fittings and some hose. Any reason not to do this? seems like you'd just be filtering more of the air being recycled into the engine. Give me your thoughts on this.

DRC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Someone mentioned earlier that the passengers side does not have as much blow-by as the drivers side does at the rear, so it's not needed.

Actually you do need the passengers side vented into the intake, otherwise you will have big oil leaks.

The PCV needs to have this so it will releave the possible pressure build up so you shouldn't have leaks.

If you have more questions refer back to my earlier post
on what I dealt with and did to resolve the issue.

It's been almost 3 months since I installed the breather on the oil fill neck, no more oil leaks at all.

DRC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll add to this, about 8 months ago I had to replace my throttle body.
I removed it to try cleaning it, it was clean with the help of the catch can and it was the original one.

So I just replaced the throttle body, but the small oil leaks had already started after I did the catch can.

The rest of my story refer back to what happened after I installed the Airaid Jr intake.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DRC, appreciate the reply. After some thought, I kicked myself for even bringing it up.

The passenger side vent is upstream from the thottle body and the passenger is in the intake. Dynamically it would seem that it would function fine when the intake manifold and tube are at equilibrium (at/near WOT) but when the throttle is at/near closed (idle/cruise) the vent tube in the intake manifold would be pulling air through the catch can arrangement from the intake tube essentially making the engine act as if the throttle were cracked.

Short story - it ain't broke, I ain't fixin' it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ttowntoehead