Get a catch can before any mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the bottom one?

Dude I was looking at the top one but now that you mention it, they BOTH look restricted to me. Just replace them both, it's like $5.00 worth of hose total.

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The one leading to the engine is still shorter then I'd like but it's OK for now. Cut it too short again but it's not being pinched lol.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from catchcans.com and these seem to be the way to go. Pretty sure it is the Mike Norris can. I swear my truck runs better since putting it on. Maybe it's because my intake charge isn't saturated with oil and actually getting 93 octane now. Only have 2k miles on the new motor and figured I'd do this now since my old motor intake had like a qt of oil in it!

I just realized I can see like 5 mods in this pic..this forum is my addiction lol..

c351814868b8b10667609d605a182006.jpg

After running one tank of fuel it's already catching oil..
7fd1164ca332f1b47bd7c17ea8aceb2a.jpg

Last edited:

DRC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Something for everyone to watch out for:

I installed my CatchCan.com 1- 1 1/2 years ago.
I had NO oil leaks prior to installing the CatchCan.
After a few months I started noticing a small oil leak, I thought was the oil drain plug gasket.
My next oil change I went with the Fumoto valve with new gasket, still had the small oil leak, it wasn't the drain plug gasket.

Sept 2015 I installed the Airaid Jr intake, more oil leaks popped up over the next several months.
Then I finally figured out these oil leaks started after I went with the catch can and got worse after the Airaid Jr.
If you look at where the 3/8" hose from the pass valve cover connects to the Airaid compared to the stock intake it would not pull as good as where the stock intake PCV inlet is, which is right at the throttle body.

IMO I think the CatchCan could cause a little flow restriction which would build up pressure and possibly cause a small oil leak, and the PCV inlet on the Airaid certainly cause a problem, the oil leaks spread out over my whole drip pan.

I February I bought and installed the Metco Motor Sports Valve Cover Breather # MBR0006, a little pricy but well worth the $47.
Oil leaks are down to just a very small drip on my drip pan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My CatchCan did not come with hose, pretty much any auto parts carry PCV vapor/fuel line hose the cost is very minimal. Don't use hose that's kinked, buy new hose that's in good condition.

IMG_2247.JPG

DRC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fixed and installed new AC Delco Plugs wires too.

View attachment 60075

IGNOR THIS POST, OLD AGE CATCHING UP TO ME TRYING TO REMEMBER BEFORE I LOOKED.

You have your catchcan hoses switched.
The valve cover hose connects to the side of the catchcan, the top hose from the catchcan goes to the engines intake.

Last edited: