Get a catch can before any mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I missed that one. That mounting bracket looks a little flimsy though.

The bracket is a little thin. But, if you're not twisting on the body to remove the reservoir when draining (which is the convenience of the drain valve), it's sufficient.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^I concur!

My brother is short, so I had to locate it closer to the front. It's in pretty much the exact same location as the catchcans.com one on my Tahoe.

Page 60, Post #595:

IMG_3553.JPG

IMG_3555.JPG

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wanted mine up front where I can easily access it. I'll have to route the hoses a little different, they are in the way when I try to fill the washer fluid with the gallon jug. There must be a shortage of 3/8 hose. My local Pep Boys has been out for 2 weeks and I ordered a spool on Amazon and that is 2 weeks out as well. WTF.

Here is week #1 results: :confused:o_O

IMG_1053.JPG

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can somebody explain to me WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON HERE!!!??? :eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_O:confused:

1 week:

IMG_1053.JPG

Week 2:

IMG_1067.JPG IMG_1068.JPG

My brother stopped by yesterday and I was showing him this contraption. When we took the canister off and it was filled to the notch marks on the bottom, about a third full. 24 hours later I open it today and it is 3/4 full. WTF!!!!!!!! WHAT DO I DO!!! ????

Can I dump this back into the crank case? This is full ******* syntehic. $$$$$$$$$$

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Can somebody explain to me WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON HERE!!!??? :eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_O:confused:

1 week:

View attachment 229354

Week 2:

View attachment 229355 View attachment 229356

My brother stopped by yesterday and I was showing him this contraption. When we took the canister off and it was filled to the notch marks on the bottom, about a third full. 24 hours later I open it today and it is 3/4 full. WTF!!!!!!!! WHAT DO I DO!!! ????

Can I dump this back into the crank case? This is full ******* syntehic. $$$$$$$$$$

Hmmm... never seen anything like that before. Thinking....

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy shit! Is it running the same? Is it smoking at all--through the tailpipe?

I used to get a smoke cloud on cold start but that's it, usually worse when it's colder out. Runs ok for a 300K+. Passes emissions, don't see any smoke when idling or driving down the road. I just don't understand how I get a little puddle in there in a week then week 2 it's almost full. WTF. Especially in 24 hours half a can, that is blowing my mind. Can I dump this back into the motor?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't. that is vapors and bad stuff. do you have the updated valve cover?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I didn't. I dumped it into a clear container and it was nasty ass dirty. So I disposed of it. As as far as I know this is all original. I could not find an updated VC for this model and year. 2007 5.3 Tahoe LT 4WD.