Gas pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Corvette was professionally tuned... He reconfigured all the throttle by wire stuff. It works SO awesome. I'm tuning my Tahoe by myself but I don't have the electronic throttle on the Tahoe.

Here's an idea of what settings are in the computer for your electronic throttle. I'd venture you could dial back the sensitivity. Although, it says modify at your own risk, but I'd think a tuner out there might know all that figures out better than I.

FYI ~ There are two modules on these older setups (not sure about new stuff). The first is the PCM. The second is the throttle controller / computer.

There's tuners in most major cities. Maybe somebody on the forum here knows of a reputable one in your town who could dial back the the throttle sensativity?

1705958492370.png

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Corvette was professionally tuned... He reconfigured all the throttle by wire stuff. It works SO awesome. I'm tuning my Tahoe by myself but I don't have the electronic throttle on the Tahoe.

Here's an idea of what settings are in the computer for your electronic throttle. I'd venture you could dial back the sensitivity. Although, it says modify at your own risk, but I'd think a tuner out there might know all that figures out better than I.

FYI ~ There are two modules on these older setups (not sure about new stuff). The first is the PCM. The second is the throttle controller / computer.

There's tuners in most major cities. Maybe somebody on the forum here knows of a reputable one in your town who could dial back the the throttle sensativity?

I don't think the problem is that the throttle is too sensitive, it's the physical spring on the gas pedal. There's no "dampening" or whatever. Causes it to be springy/bouncy. Especially when going over bumps or rough road. Your foot keeps bouncing the gas pedal. Think of it like a car with blown out shocks. Bounces over the bumps. I've gotten used to it though and kind of figured out how to keep my foot steady.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n