Gas leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marbor

Reaction score
alright here's another one, so I go to the gas station to fill up and low and behold once full I see gas leaking onto the floor.
What the heck, so what should I check? I know its a plastic tank because I replaced the fuel pump and put all new part to include gasket and ring. I made sure the ring locked in and turned all the way. What else can I check? I parked on the street for the night so I don't have gass all over my drive way in the morning. Hopefully no one tosses a cigarette while passing and burns her down fingers crossed.

97 tahoe LT

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it leaking near the tank or by the engine? Did you try to top it off after the pump shut off?

OP
OP
Marbor

Marbor

Reaction score
Is it leaking near the tank or by the engine? Did you try to top it off after the pump shut off?
Leaking by the tank just under the rear pass dr. No top off idk I put $52 and had just under .25 in the tank, but gauge shows full.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it's just a vent or fill line leaking, maybe even pressure line, Hope it's not the lock ring area. You know why.

OP
OP
Marbor

Marbor

Reaction score
Hopefully it's just a vent or fill line leaking, maybe even pressure line, Hope it's not the lock ring area. You know why.
Dont think its a line because car has no leak when on and yea lock ring means dropping tank while full is a bi#&^

OP
OP
Marbor

Marbor

Reaction score
as an update truck was still there in the morning no problems. No leaking but left a nice black stain on the city ground not my driveway. Anyhow instill have a full tank and from the looks of the spot I'm guessing its something simple hoping just an old fill line or return.

iamelrl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just recently had this happen after buying mine. Had to replace the gas tank

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me, when my wife borrowed my truck with a full tank of gas in it. The needle on her Van was oriented a different way, so she decide to help me out, and “Fill” the tank. It started leaking at the Fuel Tank seams. Replaced the tank, no more leaks. Twisting the rusty fuel line fittings loose was the worst part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645