Front seats swap possibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dang74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if seats out of a 2003 and newer NBS swap directly in to a 2002? Looking for tan leather seats that do not have the seat belt come out of the leather hole on the seat bottom. Want the belt to come out of the plastic cover on the side.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dang74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Boss goodmorning go into this site. I think it would be better to have the leather and foam replaced. Try this website, the seat shop. They sell both items and it would save you the money and electrical connections.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Boss goodmorning go into this site. I think it would be better to have the leather and foam replaced. Try this website, the seat shop. They sell both items and it would save you the money and electrical connections.

Sorry, I am not seeing a link for what you are talking about. I will try to just search "the seat shop".

The upholstery guy I know does not do this type of work. I looked at RockAuto and found all kinds of seat covers but is just fabric as far as I can tell and is just a new cover.

dang74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I apologize theseatshop.com

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I am not seeing a link for what you are talking about. I will try to just search "the seat shop".

The upholstery guy I know does not do this type of work. I looked at RockAuto and found all kinds of seat covers but is just fabric as far as I can tell and is just a new cover.

That’s pretty much what I was talking about except you can get the 2003 cover and foam like he is saying, but I’m not sure about the seat belt if you go that way. I think it’s different so you might have to get an 03 seat belt too. Good idea though. If you stick with an 02 cover you don’t need to change anything else. Plus the driver and passenger will be the same if that matters.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No problem, I found it already. When I punch in my rig it shows the oem color and identifies that it is the combination leather and vinyl, just like mine, but when I click on the color it only gives me the option of getting all vinyl or full leather upgrade but not available in the leather/vinyl oem option.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have never swapped out seat bottoms or backs. If I just got the seat bottom is the swap doable without removing the entire seat?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have never swapped out seat bottoms or backs. If I just got the seat bottom is the swap doable without removing the entire seat?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem, I found it already. When I punch in my rig it shows the oem color and identifies that it is the combination leather and vinyl, just like mine, but when I click on the color it only gives me the option of getting all vinyl or full leather upgrade but not available in the leather/vinyl oem option.

I see the OEM leather/vinyl option in every color for the 2002.

Ive heard it’s possible but having done it, I would suggest that only if it’s impossible to remove the seat. It’s much easier if you remove it. Go to their website and look at their install videos so you know what the process is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645