Front seats swap possibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Does anyone know if seats out of a 2003 and newer NBS swap directly in to a 2002? Looking for tan leather seats that do not have the seat belt come out of the leather hole on the seat bottom. Want the belt to come out of the plastic cover on the side.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity- why? I’m pretty sure they will work but Ive never heard of anybody doing it, especially for that reason.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Does anyone know if seats out of a 2003 and newer NBS swap directly in to a 2002? Looking for tan leather seats that do not have the seat belt come out of the leather hole on the seat bottom. Want the belt to come out of the plastic cover on the side.
Guy put the 03 style in his 01/02, and got them to function.IMG_1803.jpg

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity- why? I’m pretty sure they will work but Ive never heard of anybody doing it, especially for that reason.

Eventually the leather lets go in side that hole and it will pull out of there and it looks bad and helps to damage the rest of the leather around it. The plastic side cover style will not let that happen. My wife passed in 2011 and I have not remarried and girlfriends are to tedious at times so prefer to be by myself. May just do the driver's seat. But I would also want all controls to function.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eventually the leather lets go in side that hole and it will pull out of there and it looks bad and helps to damage the rest of the leather around it. The plastic side cover style will not let that happen. My wife passed in 2011 and I have not remarried and girlfriends are to tedious at times so prefer to be by myself. May just do the driver's seat. But I would also want all controls to function.
Weird. My 02 never had a problem with the original. I have since replaced both front bottoms because the driver side was worn out and I wanted them to match. When I did that,I could see the leather pocket is real deep and looks like a good design. I don’t see how that could wear out before the seat bottom itself.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear about your wife.
Was it a hassle? I know in 03 a lot of the wiring changed.
He said it was until he found this article.IMG_1783.jpg
That was my question. Got them to function?
Yup.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Weird. My 02 never had a problem with the original. I have since replaced both front bottoms because the driver side was worn out and I wanted them to match. When I did that,I could see the leather pocket is real deep and looks like a good design. I don’t see how that could wear out before the seat bottom itself.
This.IMG_1770.jpg
Seen it a million times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts