Front seats swap possibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I wonder if my plug in for my 2002 seats will plug right in to a 2003 NBS up to 2006.

My driver's seat has no tears but the leather is just starting to come up out of that belt hole. I know an upholsterer and he may be able to just stitch there to save it.

That pic of that bad seat is what would happen eventually.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if my plug in for my 2002 seats will plug right in to a 2003 NBS up to 2006.

My driver's seat has no tears but the leather is just starting to come up out of that belt hole. I know an upholsterer and he may be able to just stitch there to save it.

Mine had no tears either but it still looked bad and made the whole interior look worn out. I replaced it and the carpet, repainted some parts, and the interior looked like new again. I used a foaming bathroom cleaner on the rest of the leather and it cleaned it so that it matched the new parts. Best investment ever, the seat bottoms and carpet.

IMG_2409.JPG IMG_2418.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Plugs won't fit.IMG_1773.jpg IMG_1772.jpg

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Seat bottom may be the answer with me knowing a guy that does that type of work.

I can only assume that the plugs difference has a lot to do with more bottom seat adjustment and the heated seat. Were those differences started in 2003?

MikeW

Reaction score
I have an 02 as well but did the bench for buckets in the rear and got a pair of 03 buckets that are in excellent condition that look great. I was planning on redoing the fronts (which are in desperate need) with the 03-06 cushion design to match the rears and did not want to fuss with seat wiring. Theory was simply replace the foam padding with 03-06 padding so the new 03-06 covers would fit. (Replace the bottom cushion with new 03-06 durofoam and since I cannot find new seat back foam - hunting for a pair of decent seats from junk yard to get the back foam from.) Planning on placing seat belt where the 03s have it...… Thoughts?

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same truck so they bolt right in. wiring isn’t shit bit one power and one ground. the plug has like 10 wires to it but you only need 2 of them for all the functions work. even the lumbar will work off of just hooking up the power and ground.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do have to say tho i feel that the newer seats sit up higher. i feel like the original seats in my 02 went down a lot more the the 04 cadillac seats i replaced them with. i just did the interior in my 06 hd2500 and put seats out of a 04 escalade in it and it feels like it’s up a lot higher also

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 02 as well but did the bench for buckets in the rear and got a pair of 03 buckets that are in excellent condition that look great. I was planning on redoing the fronts (which are in desperate need) with the 03-06 cushion design to match the rears and did not want to fuss with seat wiring. Theory was simply replace the foam padding with 03-06 padding so the new 03-06 covers would fit. (Replace the bottom cushion with new 03-06 durofoam and since I cannot find new seat back foam - hunting for a pair of decent seats from junk yard to get the back foam from.) Planning on placing seat belt where the 03s have it...… Thoughts?
i have adriver side seat back in perfect condition in my garage thst i have been continplating throwing away because i’ll never need it. it’s grey cloth. if your not to far you can have it.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a lot of people make this seat swap harder then it needs to be. if you don’t want to mess with wiring and already have power seats then it’s simple, just swap the cushions out and leave your stock frame. it’s 2 10mm bolts under the front seat towards the front. in bolt the 2 nuts then lift the cushion up and pull forward and it will come out. flip it up and unplug everything. take t to the work bench and st the new seat bottom next to it and simply swap your wiring off the old seat onto the new one then reinstall it in the truck. the seat back has 4 bolts. Undo the plastic clip on the very bottom that holds the cover together, pull the seat cover upwards enough to move the foam on the sides out of the way so you can reach the bolts on the side, are all 4 bolts out and then you have to spin the seat back and then pull it up. it won’t just go straight up. so take your original seat back assembly off and put the new one on and bolt it down. when you get done with that just swap the plastic trim pieces onto your seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224