Front passenger seat stuck all the way forward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AC95

Reaction score
My passenger seat in my 2013 PPV won’t slide forward or back. When I move the “horizontal” plastic adjustment button thing, I hear a motor move for a second then sounds like it binds up, most likely on the threads that allow the seat to move forward and backward. I’m new to the vehicle and have been focusing on other stuff. Maybe all it needs for me is some white lithium grease or something similar.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My passenger seat in my 2013 PPV won’t slide forward or back. When I move the “horizontal” plastic adjustment button thing, I hear a motor move for a second then sounds like it binds up, most likely on the threads that allow the seat to move forward and backward. I’m new to the vehicle and have been focusing on other stuff. Maybe all it needs for me is some white lithium grease or something similar.
These are screw drive mechanisms and sometimes if you bottom them out they get stuck. Try to look under the seat and see which way the motor is trying to turn the screw and try to help it pop loose with a pair of pliers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz