From Silverado to Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 223962
Front wheel came off at 70MPH & it went down the city runoff water ditch. Luckily I got to strip all my lights, breaklights, K&N CAI,& my stereo system out before the insurance man got there & took it away.

A little hammerin' and you could have sold that push bar on craigslist! Welcome to the forum and nice Tahoe! What color is that?

OP
OP
C

Charles Tindall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
WOW! How did the wheel let go? And what year is that?
2004. It was lifted. Shocks & tires blew on final landing. The tire snapped off after letting a "professional shop" put in a new front end since I dont have a alignment machine. It lasted from Oct to Super Bowl Sunday & it broke off. Mechanic looked at it & said they forgot to grease the inside boot. It was the defunct Tire Engineers that have already been sued out of their name. That wreck had me laid up for a month.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2004. It was lifted. Shocks & tires blew on final landing. The tire snapped off after letting a "professional shop" put in a new front end since I dont have a alignment machine. It lasted from Oct to Super Bowl Sunday & it broke off. Mechanic looked at it & said they forgot to grease the inside boot. It was the defunct Tire Engineers that have already been sued out of their name. That wreck had me laid up for a month.
I don't understand? how does greasing or not greasing a boot have anything at all to do with a wheel hub or lugs, that doesn't explain how the wheel came off, do you have pictures of the back of the wheel that came off?

I have the same truck so I am very curious

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from another newbie... Yes the maturity here is quite a bit better than other forums for sure. Man you are lucky that Silverado didn't get thrown end over end....

Good looking Tahoe for sure... LT silver with black always look good for sure.

OP
OP
C

Charles Tindall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't understand? how does greasing or not greasing a boot have anything at all to do with a wheel hub or lugs, that doesn't explain how the wheel came off, do you have pictures of the back of the wheel that came off?

I have the same truck so I am very curious
One lady was putting items in her car at Dollar General, looked up & saw me riding on 3 wheels with the other rolling right beside me. I hit the ditch, flipped numerous times in the air, breaking the top of my shortwave antenna. Then landed on a security fence & broke it. I never heard the wheel pop off. It landed right by my wheel well where it belonged. I had forgot to gas my truck up when I left town from getting my tree stand & heater. I wheeled back around & got in a hurry cause I wanted to make it home for the Super Bowl, 2hrs away. I just replaced the hub last year. Rotated my tires the Friday before & shook them... no movement. It scared me bad enough that I went to 2WD just to have less parts to break. Funny thing.... my tree stand & propane tank & heater remained in my bed through all of that. It bent & twisted my frame, blew out all of my new Bilstein shocks, and blew 2 tires.E2C99332-6829-4F78-A5D8-38EDE7915B67.jpeg2B052707-D6C3-4C12-8CD9-B4AEAD96B0DE.jpeg 9AA04DB7-92A5-48C4-A936-9A12BEB5823F.jpeg26EF5AAD-8A1F-4F79-86C2-5A407C2B9ACC.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978

Latest posts