Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember that post now

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yessir. I was testing the waters as I hadn't bought the truck yet, but knew what I wanted to get started with. Sucks, but not the end of the world all things considered especially as it is on complete opposite sides of the truck.
:rage:
As an previous body man that was my first thought but was hoping I was wrong :(
In the end if that's all you have to worry about that's not too bad as you know the trucks history and the previous owner as he probably drove it like an old man, I'm guessing your boss is an old man lol

That still sucks man, I guess they're staying on, maybe go black with them or cm white for a ghost badge look :D

Curious as far as the range AFM, does that void warranties ?

It's not bad really, just annoying, but could be a whole lot worse things to worry about than a stupid letter on the side that only I care about. lol
Yes the history, low miles and great condition trump everything at this point.

Check back to page 1. I took a screen shot of the Range Technology page describing the AFM Disabler Device. They say that it is plug and play and leaves no footprint on the ECM, thus no harm no foul as far as warranty is concerned.

So far it is doing for me what they claim it does and so many other reviews I read are overwhelmingly positive. I pulled the trigger since I had such low miles, so why not maybe try to prevent an issue at this early stage. Pretty happy without the ECM taking over and going into V4 mode at will.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride. I was wondering if you bought it or not.

Thx man. I just wanted to make sure I had the title in hand before I started this thread, even though I tinted the windows a few weeks ago ahead of the game. lol Happy that it is mine.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a few pictures of one of our old Suburbans circa 1980 out camping somewhere between Washington and Wyoming during the summer. No quips about my mom rocking those bell bottoms and massive video camera with attached battery pack.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Suburban came with OEM carpeted floor mats and the HD rubber mats as well. I ordered the Husky Weatherbeater 3rd row mat, which now completely covers that walk through between the 2nd row buckets and the overlaps the kick plates for when the kids get in the back. Fitment is pretty good. Looks a little off on those kick plates, but they always manage to step on the carpet right there, so this should solve that issue nicely.

I posted a bunch of pics on this thread, but will put a few here as well.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/anyone-advice-on-gm-premium-all-weather-floor-mats.87578/

Passenger.
IMG_0917.JPG

Cargo.
IMG_0922.JPG

Overlap on the kick plate. Fits to the edges of the 3rd row great and does not move around with the nubs and cut outs for the 2nd row buckets.
Color match is very nice with the Husky tan/GM light cashmere leather.
IMG_1044.JPG

Coverage on the walk through between the 2nd row buckets.
FullSizeRender-7.jpg

HD rubber mats and the Husky Weatherbeater. Notice the HD mats do not do a great job of covering all the way to the back of the front seats and the console either, but they do sit flush against the base of the 2nd row buckets.
FullSizeRender-8.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I don't know where it went. Probably traded in on another one. We did road trip the hell out of that thing. From the Redwoods out to Yellowstone, Glacier, Tetons, Jackson Hole and many trips to the Pacific Coast, Vancouver and camping at Mt. Rainier.

My 2 brothers and I battled that 2nd row seat without iPads lol and we managed to dodge my mom's wicked back hand often as well. :D

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Man, I don't know where it went. Probably traded in on another one. We did road trip the hell out of that thing. From the Redwoods out to Yellowstone, Glacier, Tetons, Jackson Hole and many trips to the Pacific Coast, Vancouver and camping at
Mt. Rainier. My 2 brothers and I battled that 2nd row seat without iPads lol and we managed to dodge my mom's wicked back hand often as well. :D
Lol! Sounds like great times!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs