Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Classy lookin ride ya got there, unfortunately doesn't sound like it will be as much of a in depth build thread as your tahoe :( . I wanna see you do another full overhaul on a new ride. but still the nnbs' look so damn good from the factory already, just need a subtle and small touches from the almighty Fosscore ;)

Do I spot power folding steps :rolleyes:, and debadged on passage side only :confused:

Had no idea about the afm disabler.

I know you said no mods atm but you're still gonna ...
*debadge/demold
*ptm handles/mirrors
*ptm grille with black inserts
*hids + retrofit

*pink neon underglow :D

@05Single
No this won't go as in depth as the Tahoe, but that's okay. It is still a sweet truck. The wife and the kids love it. Power folding steps indeed. Major selling point for the wife. Your mod list is a good start and I have considered all the above, but we shall see how we go. I have a few ideas...

No pink underglow, lol...that is for sure!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got it!! Congratulations. Let's see how long it takes before you start tweaking things a little bit, you know "If I change this, it'll run much more efficient, but then I also should change this while I'm in there ". Just a matter of time my friend! Lol. Good luck with the new acquisition. :waytogo:

Thanks man. Keys already handed over to the wife. :eek:

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EXCELLENT!!! I wish i had a nbs & a nnbs ;):D lol. Whats this AFM u speak of, do i need it lol? Badass burb man! :boobs:

Thanks man.

@kwOH

Go here for more info.
http://www.rangetechnology.com/pages/v8

It is pretty straight forward. Buy the device for under $200 depending on who you order it from and if there are any promotions (Range occasionally has a $10 off and free shipping. I ordered mine Amazon Prime at the time.), plug it into your ODB-II port under the steering column and that's it.

It automatically deactivates the AFM, gives you 100% V8 power, runs on all 8 cylinders all the time and when I mash the pedal there is no shuddering that I have noticed. Has a blue LED that tells you it is on and shines down on your feet. I watched my DIC for a week and it never switched back into V4 mode. Noted that it will probably affect your MPG. :)

The one thing you need to keep in mind is that it is always active and if you do not drive your truck for a few days, they recommend unplugging it so as to not run the battery down. There is no footprint on your ECU either. Simple plug and play device. Not as detailed as my BlackBear tune on the Tahoe, but it is an immediate solution to an issue that has been well documented with the NNBS trucks.

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 16.41.34.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will explain the (de)badge issue below. Nothing gets by this crowd. lol

I had a thread on this subject, but I will transfer over the details from that thread here, so that it is part of my build thread.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...e-what-would-you-do.86531/page-2#post-1039672

I did debadge the passenger's side SUBURBAN and LTZ letters a few weeks ago, but ran into a roadblock with the driver's side and lift gate letters.

When I started to debadge the driver's side and lift gate letters, I noticed that behind the letters it was not flat and there was some broken paint with double-sided tape under the paint. There is a backstory that explains this issue and why I cannot debadge the driver's side and lift gate. :(

My boss (whom I actually bought the truck from) had hit the truck twice with a golf cart and put two small dents/deep scratches all the way to the metal on the lift gate and the driver's side rear quarter panel just in front of the wheel and behind the rear door. I was interested in buying the truck at this point, but they were too high on their asking price at the time, so I let it go for a few months and since he was paying for the damage repair on his dime, I had it taken care of.

The Suburban went to the body shop and they did a pretty good job. Now after really looking at it more in detail as I was buying it, I noticed that the tape lines were not as tight as they should have been, I found some overspray and some under spray. The body shop owner (different shop than I have had my Tahoe parts painted at) said he had a helluva time blending the WDT and swore off ever painting that color again.

So the point of the story is that they must have pulled the letters off and left the tape, probably as average Joe would never debadge and that way they could line up the letters perfectly after painting. Easy for them and a no-win situation for me. So I just put the letters back on and called it a day rather than start picking at the covered tape and causing a bigger problem than leaving those letters on. One side is lettered and one side is debadged. You cannot see both sides at once and nobody but TYF will notice.

The moldings will stay as well. I think they did the same thing on the driver's side and having 1/2 a truck with moldings will not satisfy my desire for perfection. Plus I am hopeful that the wife and kids will learn quick to use normal doors and not take out every car they park next to.

IMG_0462.JPG IMG_0463.JPG IMG_0460.JPG

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
:rage:
As an previous body man that was my first thought but was hoping I was wrong :(
In the end if that's all you have to worry about that's not too bad as you know the trucks history and the previous owner as he probably drove it like an old man, I'm guessing your boss is an old man lol

That still sucks man, I guess they're staying on, maybe go black with them or cm white for a ghost badge look :D

Curious as far as the range AFM, does that void warranties ?