Fosscore's 2013 Suburban LTZ Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those eBay vanity LEDs light up immediately when I open the visor. There are not canbus bulbs if that is what you are asking. I just ordered regular LEDs.
@05Single

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
@BADRIDES
@07Burb

Here's the link to the ones I ordered off eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271524420032

And I always use superbrightleds.com for finding the correct bulb number. I also have some LEDs from them, but they are a bit pricey for most bulbs, even with the occasional 10% discount.

The vanity lights are night and day difference from the OEM yellow that is in there now. My wife always uses it so I figured for a $7 for the lot, why not complete the interior swap. Super bright!
$7 cant beat that, got some coming my way lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BADRIDES
@07Burb

Here's the link to the ones I ordered off eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271524420032

And I always use superbrightleds.com for finding the correct bulb number. I also have some LEDs from them, but they are a bit pricey for most bulbs, even with the occasional 10% discount.

The vanity lights are night and day difference from the OEM yellow that is in there now. My wife always uses it so I figured for a $7 for the lot, why not complete the interior swap. Super bright!
My 02 model calls for a 6612F bulb and that looks like its the same as the bulb your 2013 takes. Gotta get me some of those. If you do this mod to your blue Tahoe let me know how that works out. I tried popping those clear lenses off and they didnt act like they wanted to come off too easy.

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I have them in my 03, lens pops right off. they were bright for a few days then went dim like how the map lights do with the canbus system. I haven't seen an error free in that style tho.:shrug:

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. My map lights are dim if the truck is not powered and you push the button to turn them on.

Not really bothered as I don't usually sit in the truck without the ignition on, in the dark. So no need to change out the bulbs again to take into account that issue.

My 06 map lights do the same thing if the truck is off unless I roll the wheel on the dash.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled off the roof rack to see what was lurking underneath the brackets. Sure enough it was full of dirt and berries from the trees that it used to park next to before I got it and rings on the paint from the brackets. I gave it a wash, light compound, glaze and seal by hand on that section front to back where the roof rack was as I was not able to hit it with the random orbital when I did the rest of the truck. It took some elbow grease to get those dirt rings off the paint, but I did succeed and it looks great. Here are a few before and after pictures as well as what she looks like without the roof rack.

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1109.JPG

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daughter said today was going to be a great day. She was right.
The Escalade roof rack is installed and looking sweet.

Let me start out with a funny story about my search before my actual write up.
I started the search for the Esky rack back in late October when I knew I would be buying the truck. I found one on eBay and bought it. I waited a little longer than what should be expected for the shipper to get back to me with shipping info wondering where my paid for rack was.

The following messages from the vendor responding to my emails are unedited from our comms back and forth about the rack. :doh2:

1st message
"Hi on your Most Recent Purchase as we were getting ready to ship your item a Day after transaction was Completed i have some sad new my guys put the roof rack near our Heavy duty Part something fell on the roof rack Damage the item as we looking in our warehouse to Locate the other Unit that was Inventory way before this unit me guys cannot Locate it at this moment we were looking to issue a full refund we apologies for any inconvenience or Delay this may have Caused we are so sorry about this Matter thank you for your time and Patience."

2nd message
"Hi we are Not happy Because we Would Definitely Like a Customer who need to item to get it in Great Shape instead of Damage in Our Warehouse. But am Definitely Working Hard to Make Sure you Receive A Replacement from another Vehicle we brought off the Auction. if you Have Seen Another Roof Rack Else Where Please Lets us Know So we can Issue a Full Refund so get it thanks."

Final message
"Hi Good day we got the truck off the Auction did a Inspection Chrome section was Painted by the First Owner in some Green Army Color the cap as we are not in the OEM Pearl White Please be advised that we will be just issuing a Full Refund to your Account Sorry about any inconvenience this may have Caused thank you for your Cooperation and Patience."

My refund was issued and I went back on the hunt. I could only find two ESV/XL roof racks with WDT end caps as I was hoping to not have to color match those. One sold and the other one looked a bit rough and then a third one popped up. I bid a few dollars off the asking price and it arrived in probably the best packaging for a used part I have seen. Long box stapled together, filled with foam peanuts with every part plastic wrapped individually and taped together. This rack is from an 2003 Escalade.

The whole rack was pretty dirty, so I separated all the parts and gave it a good scrub. The WDT OEM painted end caps are in perfect condition and only needed a light compound and wax to get them protected and super shiny. All mounting hardware was included and in great shape. The cross rails are off the truck at the moment and just need a clean, paint and clear to get them back to that OEM look.

There are no scratches on the chrome rails and they shine, however if you TYF look at them you can see they have had a long life in the sun. She looks good, compliments that long body and I'm pretty stoked to have that Esky rack on the Suburban.
On to the pictures.

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16