Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is difficult to do the clay or how you do.

Not difficult at all. Just take your time. I read a lot of advice on autogeek.net and the detailing section on TYF. There is far superior information already written out.

Here's a link to AutoGeek. Watch the videos. Do the step-by-step process and take your time. You'll be fine. Good luck.
http://www.autogeek.net/detailing-clay-bar.html

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another week of Mods on my 2006 Tahoe

(sorry for the sideways pics)

1. Esky rear appliques are color matched and waiting to be wet sanded and buffed out.
2. Painted door speaker grilles black.
3. Went to the junkyard and found front and rear chrome OEM bumpers off a 2002 Suburban to replace my dented ones. Spent a little time rolling around in the dirt taking them off, but an awesome score!! $160 for both bumpers. Installed the front bumper. Rear bumper later.
Since I had the front end dismantled I decided to go ahead and give everything a fresh coat of paint and wax.
4. Color matched the front bumper cap.
5. Painted the front lower valance black.
6. Painted the grill inserts black.
7. Recoated the front bow tie.
8. Washed and detailed the exterior and put another coat of Collinite's 845 Insulator Wax on.

photo 2 copy.jpg photo 4 copy.jpg photo 5 copy.jpg photo 4 copy 2.jpg

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
A couple of things...

1. Child labor is terrible.. (only kidding :p)
2. Go ahead and paint the valance, I dipped mine and it was rough cleaning it. Peeled it, painted it with krylon plastic paint, MUCH better.
3. Come clay/wax mine, nice and shiny! :D

Looks good man!

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of things...

1. Child labor is terrible.. (only kidding :p)
2. Go ahead and paint the valance, I dipped mine and it was rough cleaning it. Peeled it, painted it with krylon plastic paint, MUCH better.
3. Come clay/wax mine, nice and shiny! :D

Looks good man!

1. Damn child labor laws, so I put my son to work figuring out how the lower valance clips came apart.
2. Good call. I did end up hitting the valance with Krylon and the grill as well. I cleared over the grill to give it some extra gloss and protection.
3. I'll send my workers over to assist. They don't cost much to hire, but they are hungry all the time and tend to take breaks often and lose interest rapidly.

photo.jpg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Esky rear appliques installed.

Esky rear appliques color matched, wet sanded and buffed out this weekend.

photo 3.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 4.jpg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good...time to color match that third brake light housing next ;)

Yes or get an Esky 3rd brake light , then do the lift gate handle and push button ring just to make sure it is all sorted back there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87