Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome

welcome, good start. Never liked black wheels they don't show good in photos, better in person. Think about graphite paint wheels or chrome then you could see them, maybe an Esky roof rack.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of these posts are slightly out of date order because I merged different threads to make the build thread, but the end results and progress can be seen. Thanks to Nathan and Jacob for assisting me with merging those threads.

September 2014.

After 4 months of stock piling parts and not seeing the truck, it was time to get to work. Last week was a big week.

1. Lowered 3/5 with the NorcalSS custom kit. DONE
2. Installed Spyder LED rear tail lights. DONE
3. Installed Esky rack with color matched end caps. DONE
4. Full clay/polish/wax (with daughter's help) to bring the paint back from the brutal Florida summer abuse.
5. Black Bear Tune with Justin in Orlando this weekend. DONE

Will update in the appropriate sections about the drop (with measurements) and BB Tune (changes made) to give more specific details and thoughts on those two mods.

Here is my Black Bear Tune write up thread.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65755

Next plans:
1. Esky rear appliques are primed and waiting to be color matched. DONE
2. Color match the front bumper cap. DONE
3. Paint the lower front bumper valance black. DONE
4. Headlights and turn signals DONE (the left turn signal is bad I know) are on the list to update.
5. Chrome 22s (still thinking ck375, ck916 or ck165 in chrome to tie in the chrome Esky rack and chrome bumpers??).

Look forward to your comments and input/advice. Especially the choice of wheels moving forward. Let's hear it. Thanks guys!

I got the itch last night to Plasti Dip my front and rear chrome bumpers, just to see how it would look. Finished up early this morning. Turned out pretty good. Let me know what you think. Thoughts on keeping the grille chrome or painting it black as well? Undecided at the moment. Appreciate any input. Thanks.

Attachments

• front profile, bumper not painted 2.jpg
    front profile, bumper not painted 2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 290
  • front profile, bumper painted 2.JPG
    front profile, bumper painted 2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 300
  • left rear quarter, bumper painted 2.JPG
    left rear quarter, bumper painted 2.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. What rear bumper do you have?

Edit. Nevermind. I see it's stock. At first I thought it may be a Denali. Didn't notice the plastic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Just something quick, easy and cheap. Can always peel it off down the track.

Sp1nn3y

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love plasti-dip! I have my rims and front/rear bumper dipped.. I just wish it was easier to clean, it seems like no matter how hard i scrub the mud never comes off.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Sp1nn3y...you ever try the glossifier for Plasti Dip? Wondered if that might make a difference for cleaning?

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good so far! Do all the chrome! I did it and I'm glad I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts