Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes or get an Esky 3rd brake light , then do the lift gate handle and push button ring just to make sure it is all sorted back there.

Esky third brake light/glass would be nice...... here is JW's Yukon with color matched housing for reference:

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Esky third brake light/glass would be nice...... here is JW's Yukon with color matched housing for reference:

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Right on. That looks really sweet. Hmmm....

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness I continued to read all the comments as I was just going to suggest to do this. :)

Thanks for the comment.

I've got an LS, so I've got to do the color matching myself, but seeing your pics, makes it look really good. Guess it's time to order some more paint. Thanks.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good man. where in s florida u located? looking for someone to paint a roof rack for me. plus i have a escalade rear glass without the light/bracket if interested

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good man. where in s florida u located? looking for someone to paint a roof rack for me. plus i have a escalade rear glass without the light/bracket if interested

where are you in Florida? I know a few people in Jax who paint. A few other members here have had it done at the same place and no issues...

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are you in Florida? I know a few people in Jax who paint. A few other members here have had it done at the same place and no issues...

I'm down in Fort Lauderdale. Thx for the JAX painter info Nathan. I will keep that in mind. It's been fun and challenging to see the pieces come out thru the multiple steps. Perhaps not as perfect like a paint shop could be, but the small imperfections would only be noticed by TYF members. The average person would never see it.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

The light/bracket is the only thing I need. Glass is good as it is a direct bolt in replacement for my OEM rear light. Is that what you meant?

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New LED Front Parking Lights

Tired of looking at my cloudy and ugly OEM front parking lights. A full retrofit would be good, but not in the cards right now. Those ck375s are still calling.

Decided to ebay shop for some front LED parking lights. I found a set in all chrome with LEDs and no amber reflector (I know technically not legal, but I figured I would push the limits just a bit).

4 days Fedex ground shipping from California. Well packaged. Direct fit without any modification. Actually had to type in Silverado 99-02 as 06 Tahoe did not yield any results.

The wiring harness male plugs fit snug into the OEM female plugs and as well into the aftermarket housing openings. I had to reroute the amber power wire so that it came into the middle of the housing as that is where it plugs in, unlike on the OEM housing it is on the far outside corner. Just a simple matter of pulling the wire loom to the inside. This plug was quite snug going in, but better than just flopping out.

There is a hard wired resistor about the size of a Zippo lighter. I ended up putting 3 zip ties around the resistor to the headlight framework just behind the lights. It fit perfectly there and was tight, without impeding either housing. No quick flash was experienced and all the LEDs lit up, except for one on the far outside corner. There is one row of LEDs on top with a large reflector surface below the LEDs that puts out good light as seen in the picture below. Almost looks like 2 rows of LEDs.

There is however one mystery LED on the far outside corner where the OEM amber reflector would be. This opening in the housing is gooped tight to prevent water intrusion and there is no external wire going directly to it. I have not seen it light up yet during DRL, key fob or turn signal use. Not sure yet if it will light up or not?

Edit March 2015 - I contacted the company and they confirmed that the outer single outer LED will not illuminate. I have not had any issues with the lights, nor been put off by that single LED not lighting up. Been pretty happy with the updated look thus far.

I like the clean look (without the amber) of the chrome housing. I think it enchances my front end a bit more. Looking forward to seeing the light output at night. Hopefully the LEDs will perform well for a while considering the affordable price of $49 shipped. Definitely much better than the cloudy OEM lights either way. We shall see.

Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/281105164973?item=281105164973&viewitem=&vxp=mtr
(As of February 2017, this link has not shown any more of these lights offered for sale by this vendor.)

Here are some daytime photos from the install this morning before work.

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

Last edited: