Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Washed the long body and the Tahoe last night. After the house next door paint overspray mess on my truck twice a few weeks back, I also clay barred the Tahoe to get ready for another polish (that makes the 3rd one since the New Year).
:nolol:

Got up early this morning and hit it with 3M Perfect-It Machine Polish, then Surf City Nano Seal and finally top coated with some Trinova Paint Sealant. She looks much better and that 2000 grit sandpaper feel is gone. Man was I pissed when that happened. And the house still sits vacant. The Suburban is next on the list to polish and coat.

And I'll be damned if the very next moment I opened the passenger door and a piece of the handle broke off. To be fair, it had been cracked when I hit it with the polisher a while back. Today was the day it finally decided to fall apart. Fuuuugggg.....need to get a new one painted now to replace that POS.

View attachment 217745 View attachment 217747 View attachment 217748 View attachment 217749 View attachment 217746
If you have the piece, glue that sucka!

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The windows got coated in Rain X and the tail pipe was polished out. Filled her up with a tank full of 93. Managed to get 10.4 mpg. My smaller fuel tank only shows about 260 miles per tank after topping up, while the Suburban shows over 450 miles. Road trip miles were great in the long body when you average out the MPH, distance, steady cruise and MPGs, but city driving is a killer on both trucks for fuel consumption, even if you drive conservatively.

This was right after filling up and sitting at the traffic light. Imagine that MPG as a reality?

IMG_5891.jpg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the piece, glue that sucka!
@Tonyrodz

Now I have a couple of pieces and a totally mangled door handle!! I pulled once and heard that unmistakable crack, so that fascination of how far you can push it, turned into another crack, then it exploded and just hung there still attached to the rod and bolts holding it to the door.

IMG_5894.jpgIMG_5897.jpg

Found my OEM handles buried in a box of other parts. Time to get to work and fit the parts to at least get the door secure when it is locked, then worry about color matching the replacement. Going ghetto with some mismatched parts. Ugghhhh.....

IMG_5898.jpg

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was going to say I might have a handle somewhere if you needed one.

Thx man for looking out. I was going to head down to M&L out there on 441.

So the black ones are my OEM handles. I bought aftermarket handles to CM.

You can see the CM handle broke at each of the 3 bolts. The OEM handle uses a metal rivet where the handle attaches to the actual assembly that attaches to the door. The aftermarket handles use a plastic rivet that can be squeezed and pushed through.

I think I still have some spray paint left, so I may pop that rivet to reuse the painted handle and then CM the OEM assembly and see if I can get a good smooth coat.

Fingers crossed I get a good outcome as it is a pretty small piece to wet sand and buff out.

Can see the metal rivet in the right side where the the handle and assembly attach. C7FB05DB-7540-41F5-A2BE-C28168F1F08D.jpeg

What a difference between OEM black and CM. .
9406F5E3-FBF1-4B5C-99C5-9898FDD39D3E.jpeg

You can see the plastic rivet That can be reused.
1676FED9-BB9D-43B4-846C-2839C2825CEE.jpeg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
@Tonyrodz

Now I have a couple of pieces and a totally mangled door handle!! I pulled once and heard that unmistakable crack, so that fascination of how far you can push it, turned into another crack, then it exploded and just hung there still attached to the rod and bolts holding it to the door.

View attachment 217763View attachment 217764

Found my OEM handles buried in a box of other parts. Time to get to work and fit the parts to at least get the door secure when it is locked, then worry about color matching the replacement. Going ghetto with some mismatched parts. Ugghhhh.....

View attachment 217765
Def no bueno. Another reason to buy oem if you can. That totally sux. What a huge difference in looks by just cm'ing the handles. Think I'm gonna keep an eye out for some.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check EBay for the CM handles? There’s usually some Denali ones on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660