Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit the junkyard today and found a donor green Avalanche for a replacement passenger front door handle. Perfect shape and already smooth. Surprised it was still there, but guessing since it was green and not textured black, the usual vultures couldn't be bothered to paint it. lol Win!! I just need to Dremel the rivet off the assembly so that it can be painted on its own. I will reuse my existing handle as it is in mint condition.

I should also be able to use the original rivet as it fits so tight that even without the nub on the end, it is unlikely to come out as I had to pound it out with a hammer and punch in the vice.

Total cost including the $2 entrance fee was $21. There are many options online for a few dollars cheaper, but this one is OEM and 10 minutes in the yard was worth a few extra dollars.

Check out where the frame has been cut and the motor is gone.

IMG_5964.jpg IMG_5979.jpg IMG_5980.jpg

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit the junkyard today and found a donor green Avalanche for a replacement passenger front door handle. Perfect shape and already smooth. Surprised it was still there, but guessing since it was green and not textured black, the usual vultures couldn't be bothered to paint it. lol Win!! I just need to Dremel the rivet off the assembly so that it can be painted on its own. I will reuse my existing handle as it is in mint condition.

I should also be able to use the original rivet as it fits so tight that even without the nub on the end. It is unlikely to come out as I had to pound it out with a hammer and punch in the vice. Total cost including the $2 entrance fee was $21. There are many options online for a few dollars cheaper, but this one is OEM and 10 minutes in the yard was worth a few extra dollars.

Check out where the frame has been cut and the motor is gone.

View attachment 218040 View attachment 218041 View attachment 218042
Paint the back too;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645