Forum New guy Need help with lift questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tman406

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey y'all Names Zeke. New to the forum. Wife and I are tentatively purchasing an 07 Yukon with 131k miles. We come From the Toyota family. 3 Lifted tacos, 2 Lifted 4runners. We have a ford pick up that we replacing. Anyway. Full size is new to me. Looking for basic info on lifts and tire combos. Yes I'm that guy. "WhAts ThE MaX TiRe SiZe WiTh mInIMaL LiFt???

Just Getting used to your site. Bit different than the other forums I'm on EG Tacomaworld, T4r.org, Hunttalk, Rokslide.

Lift will be Functional for cruisin dirt/snow roads during hunting season. If anything I would imagine I just need a leveling kit for a little bit beefier tires.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Pics please when the rig is home. I used to off road a lot here in Oregon with a purpose built 1 ton Blazer, so while I know about those I am not the guy to get the best info on independent front suspension lifts and tire clearance. I was and am a solid front axle kind of guy for off roading.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Regarding max tire size without a lift, you did not mention what tire and wheel size you are currently running. If you are running 20 inch wheels, then a 305/50x20 is about the largest tire size that you can run without a lift. If you have a different wheel size, let us know, and other folks will chime in.

OP
OP
T

Tman406

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Regarding max tire size without a lift, you did not mention what tire and wheel size you are currently running. If you are running 20 inch wheels, then a 305/50x20 is about the largest tire size that you can run without a lift. If you have a different wheel size, let us know, and other folks will chime in.

Word, will report back if I end up Purchasing this week.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Tman406 I hope I get to welcome you to Tahoe family. Tahoes suspension is similar to the Toyotas, has an IFS double wishbone suspension with struts. The factory upper balljoint is good up to about 3 inches of lift. SO you can run spacers up to about 3 inches with factory parts.

If you want height I would recommend the BDS lift kits with coilovers. They have what seems to be great build quality and warranty, and the front skid plate looks badass.

If you want lift with longer wheel travel and articulation I would look into the cognito upper and lower control arms along with Fox or King coil overs.

Then there the baja kits but that's a whole other price range.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome I'm on Tacoma World as well and my 2nd gen is about to be home from the body shop with a bunch of lift parts ready to go on. I can't wait!

The 2007 NNBS trucks have a better front end than the earlier NBS trucks as far as lifting goes. What you want to fit really dictates what's required, 33s are easy but 35s and up usually require more than 4" or cutting plastics. Luckily no body mount chops are required on the tahoes.

I'm a minimal lift maximum tire guy and therefore like mid travel setups. JD fabrication has some nice quality but affordable tubular UCAs and coilover packages. Or get wild and hit up Kibbetech.

OP
OP
T

Tman406

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yukons at the Mechanic for a preservice inspection. I'm an equipment mechanic, I hate working on Auto. I will do lifts and small services but I'd rather have someone elses ass on the line. Its an slt with the rear bag suspension I think. Dealer is having it removed and having regular shocks installed. I'll have more info this evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent