Fog Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls6777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm confused by the new offerings. The new 2021 Yukon has fog lights, as expected on this type of vehicle. However, I don't see fog lights on the 2021 Tahoe at any trim level or package. Seems strange to me. Especially since the front end is very similar to the Silverado, which has 2 rows of lights and fog lights. Does anyone have insight into this?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm confused by the new offerings. The new 2021 Yukon has fog lights, as expected on this type of vehicle. However, I don't see fog lights on the 2021 Tahoe at any trim level or package. Seems strange to me. Especially since the front end is very similar to the Silverado, which has 2 rows of lights and fog lights. Does anyone have insight into this?
not sure the tahoe premier I looked at on the dealer lot did not have fog lights which seemed very odd

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No fogs on my high country and no internal empty switch. I am hoping to find something aftermarket in the coming months as it seems like a big miss.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordering Guide

T3U Fog lamps
1 - Included and only available with (PCK) Luxury Package, (PDA) Texas Edition Package, (Z71) Off-Road Package or (WJP) Z71 Midnight Edition.

Z71 Midnight Edition, includes (Z71) Off-Road Package, (NZZ) Skid Plate Package, (REG) 18" Black painted aluminum wheels, (RBX) P265/65R18 all-terrain, blackwall tires, (BVV) Black tubular assist steps, (T3U) front fog lamps, (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist, (V76) recovery hooks, (GU6) 3.42 rear axle ratio, (NQH) Autotrac active 2-speed transfer case, (B5N) Z71-specific rubber floor mats with logo, (JHD) Hill Descent Control, (K47) high-capacity air cleaner, (P3H) front and rear Black bowties, unique Z71 Midnight grille, Z71 front lower Black fascia, Z71-specific front sill plates, Z71 Decal on cluster, Z71 pillar and liftgate badge and (VQQ) Black roof rack cross rails, LPO
1 - Requires 4WD model and exterior color (GBA) Black. Not available with (ST7) LT Midnight Edition, (NHT) Max Trailering Package, (B85) bright bodyside moldings, (SFZ) Black bowtie emblems, LPO, (SJA) grille insert, LPO, (RZ9) grille insert, LPO, (VXH) Chrome assist step kit, LPO, (VQK) molded splash guards, LPO, (VQY) Chrome recovery hooks, LPO or (SDA) Black recovery hooks, LPO

strange that the highest offered model at 80k does not have fog lights. However, the z71 does have a completely different front end.

That being said, I am the 21 Tahoe/Suburban Owners Manual and fog lights are no place to be find and not in the index. Looking online at z71 picture and I do not see what GM refers to as the task lighting button that you would see on a Silverado.

This space in the picture looks like the same place that the Silverado has them.

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at a 2021 Tahoe base LT tonight and the LED headlights were bright — almost as good as my Volvo. Unlike my 08 Suburban where fog lamps helped (my 19 Suburban does not have them), I am not sure that fog lamps are necessary like they would be on the legacy generations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287