fog light mod..??HID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adzam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had 35w 8000k HIDs in my fogs for 7 years and never had a problem with melting. My friend has an '05 Denali and his are melting pretty bad. I wanted to switch to 55w, but was afraid they would melt.

OP
OP
D

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
S2000's are one of the best projectors out there. Are those in the fogs?

Biggest limitation to fog lights other than the actual size and design is the positioning of them low on the truck. If you aim them too high you blind people, but that's the only way to get light out in front you as far as you'd like sometimes.

naw they arent in the fogs, they s2000 projectors are on the low beams and imo they look great vs the depo's but he wants more light... i told him 6hi is the only thing thats gonna give him more light but piss everyone else around him off b/c he doesnt want to mount any driving lights...
he wants me to take the fog light completely out and put these in now b/c they are bright as hell and spread across the road
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?295395-New-PROJECTOR-HID-KIT-CCFL-Lights-in-stock-great-for-bike-and-car-by-hidlightsusa

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
naw they arent in the fogs, they s2000 projectors are on the low beams and imo they look great vs the depo's but he wants more light... i told him 6hi is the only thing thats gonna give him more light but piss everyone else around him off b/c he doesnt want to mount any driving lights...
he wants me to take the fog light completely out and put these in now b/c they are bright as hell and spread across the road
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?295395-New-PROJECTOR-HID-KIT-CCFL-Lights-in-stock-great-for-bike-and-car-by-hidlightsusa

He sounds like me...never enough light...lol.

I will probably eventually do a serious projector mod for the fogs with a good projector. I know nothing about that one, although I wouldn't get those for the simple reason that they have halos, which I think are tacky on anything but the original BMW's and they tend to not be as good as they claim.

I really want to put a PIAA or CIBIE all-metal driving light in the fog light hole and then get some 70w HID's to put in them. No melting issues if it's all metal, and bright as hell.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 6K 35w in both fogs and lowbeams, with both on more than enough light.

Does he have them in lows too and it's still not enough?

OP
OP
D

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 6K 35w in both fogs and lowbeams, with both on more than enough light.

Does he have them in lows too and it's still not enough?

yea 6k lows and fogs is what he has. i told him put order a set of 55watt 5000k lows and its gonna be as much light as he's gonna get

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep, maybe the 55w will help, dunno. <shrugs shoulders>

they are more of a low fog light, than circular ** driving light.

tom q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 35W 3000K (yellow) in my fogs. Unfortunately, the bottom reflector of the fog melted. I have to buy a pair of fogs (04 Tahoe). I like the yellow lights for fogs coz it blends well with my 55W 6000K lows and highs

Tonka Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im running 55w 8000k HID's in both low beams and fog lights. Im not having any melting issues as of now. Id def. tell him to go with HID's.
37679_513540815981_305000187_428449_5122324_n.jpg

OP
OP
D

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ended up doing a 6 hi mod for him. now he has to much light output.
55watt 6000k low
35watt 6000k highs
35watt 6000k fogs

lights up everything and he hardly ever turns off the highs.

DIY_DAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not enough light? shit i just did 6000k HID lows and fogs and i could blind satan himself, i feel sorry for the people in front of me in lowered cars, if that isnt enough light for him he needs better glasses!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK