Diode Dynamics SS3 LED Fog Light Kit 2015-2020 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how long these have been out but they look to have great performance.

Have a molded trim piece that fits right into the OEM GM rectangular fog light housing location. They're a bit more pricey than the Morimoto XB's but have significantly more light output and like the Morimoto XB's they're a more fog light focused light pattern which would be much better than stock and more functional light over throwing LED's in the stock fog light housings.

Has anyone installed these or had any experience with them?

Xsbank

Reaction score
Morimoto S are crap. I have them on my Denali and I have flashlights that put out more light. That’s twice Morimoto has gotten me, I put their fogs on my F150 and they were even crappier! I may be a slow learner but if I didn’t say it before, here it is again: Morimotos are crap!

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Was about ready to pull the trigger on the KD Fab brackets and Baja Designs dual lights. Hmmm.

Found this in an eBay listing before KD started making brackets and think it looks pretty good and like the idea of running a wide angle fog a d driving light.

Attachments

• BD26CA66-590E-43DB-BA68-4A05461AF3FD.png
    BD26CA66-590E-43DB-BA68-4A05461AF3FD.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
OP
OP
CMoore711

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too like the idea of running both a fog and a driving light for function. I think that type of set up would be best to run them on individual switches so that you could choose to run which light in certain conditions. Then I would probably have one amber set of lights and one white.

This thread here has a few pics of other dual pod light set-ups in the factory fog light location: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/finally-upgraded-my-fogs-to-rigid-d2.115716/page-3

Most of these dual pod set ups to me look like they're just a little too crammed in there. Sure they can fit in there, have been made to work, but they're crammed in there tight and almost look like they barely fully expose the whole lens of both pods out of the opening unless perfectly mounted. At least from some of the pics it appears that way to me. I could be wrong.

These pod style lights have more of a "rugged" "off road" look to them. Which is not a bad thing; I just don't think that fits the overall look of my Denali. Which is what keeps drawing me back to the set up here from Diode Dynamics I linked in the OP. The molded surrounding "trim" of the pod I feel is a cleaner way to integrate a single pod set up into the factory fog light location.

There is no denying their performance! They pack a huge punch in light output for their size, especially the Diode Dynamics SS3 MAX lights. I especially like that the SAE Fog light models have a focused fog light beam pattern (despite not being projectors) with a cut off that allows them to be very wide, and not put out unwanted glaring light too high for oncoming drivers.

The Diode Dynamics have a lot of engineering and design into their lenses, this provides a lot of different options and flexibility in changing the light output color and light pattern without having to completely purchase new pods.

Check this out:

Reaction score
I'll tell you what..... I just installed their fog bulbs ($90 for a pair) They are by far the best fogs I have ever owned. I'll post a pic soon.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how long these have been out but they look to have great performance.

Have a molded trim piece that fits right into the OEM GM rectangular fog light housing location. They're a bit more pricey than the Morimoto XB's but have significantly more light output and like the Morimoto XB's they're a more fog light focused light pattern which would be much better than stock and more functional light over throwing LED's in the stock fog light housings.

Has anyone installed these or had any experience with them?
I have the SS3 max on both my yukon and my silverado they kick @ss, work flawlessly, I also have the fleece "all lights on" board installed so fogs stay on with high beams
the best thing about the ss3 max is they are configured as a fog beam (wide-beam) so you can see about 40 feet or so on each side of the road.
and yaa there not cheap about $500-600 but it's all visual pleasure :Big Laugh:
here is shot showing headlights only, then headlights+ss3 max.
ss3b.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
CMoore711

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pics @Doubeleive . The width of the fog light pattern is insane on those!

I did end up ordering the kit linked in the OP in the white MAX version. Just in a pile of parts for a “front end refresh” since I have to get the front bumper resprayed. Excited to get them installed.

What about this fleece “all lights on board”? Do you know if they make the board for the K2XX Yukon?

I was looking at this harness here:

Thanks again for posting the pics!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pics @Doubeleive . The width of the fog light pattern is insane on those!

I did end up ordering the kit linked in the OP in the white MAX version. Just in a pile of parts for a “front end refresh” since I have to get the front bumper resprayed. Excited to get them installed.

What about this fleece “all lights on board”? Do you know if they make the board for the K2XX Yukon?

I was looking at this harness here:

Thanks again for posting the pics!
works on all from 07-20, takes like 2 minutes to install including taking it out of the package, lol. It just allows the fogs lights to be on with the high beams, it is not a 6-high mod. fog lights continue to operate just like normal as well (with running lights, low beam, and then with high beam) the difference being they stay on if you flash to pass.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CMoore711

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive coming through like the first of the month! Thanks man!

Those fleece boards are significantly cheaper than the harness I linked and seen pretty simple to install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14