Floor Mats on Vinyl...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Market

Reaction score
Anybody have suggestions on securing heavy duty floor mats onto a vinyl floor? I just picked up some Rugged Ridge floor mats and while they are fulll size and fit beautifully they slide around when you step into the vehicle or push with your feet...

Velcro?

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say double sided tape. In another car I had I went the poor man's route and just made a couple loops out of about 2' of duct tape (sticky side out) and stuck them to the bottom of the mats. No more sliding. Decided to do that mod after the drivers side mat slid forward while hitting the brakes going downhill and pinned the gas to the floor :jawdrop:

OP
OP
Black Market

Black Market

Reaction score
Looking for something that won't create a tape residue mess under the floor mats in this Florida heat. Also looking for something that won't impede pulling the mats out regularly due to all the sand down here...

Yukon&Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Velcro would still make a "sticky mess". How about some type of releasable clamp/clasp and a small legth of rope/chian fastened to the four corners to the seat mounting rails or something along that line???

Selftappers solves it, but hard to remove!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts