Anyone found Velcro that works for rear cargo all weather mats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My solution above seems to be holding up. Here's the velcro dots I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/Fantasyon-Ad...&pd_rd_i=B09HTSL3NL&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_1_t&th=1

Edit: I placed the rough "hook" side of the velcro to the back of the mats and then stuck the mats to the carpet on the back of the third row. No need to stick the other half of the velcro to the back of the third row.

Here's the placement I used on the back of the mats (notice the red line. I needed to move the bottom row up to where that red line is. If they are too low like in the pic, they can't grab onto the carpet on the back of the third row):

Screenshot 2022-10-27 104607.jpg

Last edited:

rpearlberg

Reaction score
My solution above seems to be holding up. Here's the velcro dots I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/Fantasyon-Ad...&pd_rd_i=B09HTSL3NL&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_1_t&th=1

Here's the placement I used on the back of the mats (notice the red line. I needed to move the bottom row up to where that red line is. If they are too low like in the pic, they can't grab onto the carpet on the back of the third row):

View attachment 383861
And you just put them on the mat, not on the actual carpet?

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And you just put them on the mat, not on the actual carpet?
That's correct. The rough "hook" side of the velcro is stuck to the back of the mats and nothing is stuck to the back of the third row seats. The mats just stick to the carpet on the back of the third row.

rpearlberg

Reaction score
That's correct. The rough "hook" side of the velcro is stuck to the back of the mats and nothing is stuck to the back of the third row seats. The mats just stick to the carpet on the back of the third row.
Perfect, thanks! I'm going to order those dots now. Then still need to figure out the part that covers the cargo area.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect, thanks! I'm going to order those dots now. Then still need to figure out the part that covers the cargo area.
If you figure that out, let me know. I've tried all kinds of different velcro and nothing sticks to that "carpet". It's not nearly as long as the carpet on the back of the third row so the method above doesn't work either. Currently, I just have that cargo mat sliding around back there, but it's better than nothing I guess.

chris80

Reaction score
Do you anticipate it causing the "carpet" on the back of the seats to become puffy, stringy, or pooched?

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you anticipate it causing the "carpet" on the back of the seats to become puffy, stringy, or pooched?
My guess is that it may lead to some stringy carpet on the back of the third row when/if the mats are removed. But, I don't think it'd be any worse (would have to be better actually) than if I were able to actually get the velcro adhesive to stick. If the adhesive stuck to the carpet and was removed, it'd likely lead to a lot of stringy pieces along with a mess of glue residue to remove. I'm not sure there's any way to attach the mats to the back of the third row without doing a small amount of damage the carpet, unfortunately.

TxSam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought the GMC mats for my Yukon. Ordered them online via GMC and received them within a week and installed them last night. My cargo mat has the pictured Velcro pieces. The mat has the smaller hook part adhered to the mat, then the larger loop part that attaches to that. However, what I was not expecting is that the loop part also has a hook type attachment on the back side that attaches to the carpet itself. There is a white piece of protective material that has to be removed (See pic). The 'hooks on this part seem to be somewhat omni-directional but look at it closely I think it may be more 'grippy' in one direction than the other, so I tried to place those vertically to the carpet on the set back. Is this the same thing everyone else's came with? There are the sticky/adhesive velcro look came with the mats as well in a plastic bag, but I did not use those.

Velco1.jpgvelcro2.jpg

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought the GMC mats for my Yukon. Ordered them online via GMC and received them within a week and installed them last night. My cargo mat has the pictured Velcro pieces. The mat has the smaller hook part adhered to the mat, then the larger loop part that attaches to that. However, what I was not expecting is that the loop part also has a hook type attachment on the back side that attaches to the carpet itself. There is a white piece of protective material that has to be removed (See pic). The 'hooks on this part seem to be somewhat omni-directional but look at it closely I think it may be more 'grippy' in one direction than the other, so I tried to place those vertically to the carpet on the set back. Is this the same thing everyone else's came with? There are the sticky/adhesive velcro look came with the mats as well in a plastic bag, but I did not use those.

View attachment 385237View attachment 385238
That's weird. Mine were factory from Chevy and they definitely didn't look like that. Mine were the sticky adhesive version and did not work out at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972