Anyone found Velcro that works for rear cargo all weather mats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you put this on the carpet side and then the velcro sticks to this? Just trying to figure out the steps.
I think they're just saying that you would have a piece of velcro stuck to the mat itself and then you'd have a piece of velcro stuck to the carpet backside of the third row. Place that tape on the back of the sticky side of the velcro that would ideally stick to the carpet side of the third row prior to pressing it on to the third row. The adhesive that ships with the velcro I've seen isn't strong enough in and of itself to maintain the hold, but that adhesive linked is (maybe)

rpearlberg

Reaction score
I think they're just saying that you would have a piece of velcro stuck to the mat itself and then you'd have a piece of velcro stuck to the carpet backside of the third row. Place that tape on the back of the sticky side of the velcro that would ideally stick to the carpet side of the third row prior to pressing it on to the third row. The adhesive that ships with the velcro I've seen isn't strong enough in and of itself to maintain the hold, but that adhesive linked is (maybe)
Got it, thanks!! Yeah, the velcro sticky side won't stick to carpet so you're probably right!

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you put this on the carpet side and then the velcro sticks to this? Just trying to figure out the steps.
So the issue is that the adhesive on the Velcro patch doesn’t stick to the carpet(and velcro itself does not stick)…..so this tape is cut and placed on the sticky backside of the velcro to act as a new adhesive. It fully gets in the carpet and allows the factory velcro patches to work as designed.

rpearlberg

Reaction score
So the issue is that the adhesive on the Velcro patch doesn’t stick to the carpet(and velcro itself does not stick)…..so this tape is cut and placed on the sticky backside of the velcro to act as a new adhesive. It fully gets in the carpet and allows the factory velcro patches to work as designed.
Got it thanks!! I wonder how much damage it does when you try to remove it...I don't think I have thee factory velcro anymore so I need to order some more.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it thanks!! I wonder how much damage it does when you try to remove it...I don't think I have thee factory velcro anymore so I need to order some more.
This is what my concern is too. I really don't want to damage the carpet and if that's the case, then I might as well just opt for the clip method that I've seen earlier in this thread where you drill holes and put the snap pins into the backs of the third row

MotoBella

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Weathertech large mat in the back with the 3rd row seats down - and used 3M heavy duty double-side sticky velcro "loop & hook" adhesive and it works great, the mat doesn't budge but is still easy to pull up when I need to remove it to use the 3rd row seats - see pics

Attachments

• IMG_9842.JPG
    IMG_9842.JPG
    346.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9843.JPG
    IMG_9843.JPG
    333.7 KB · Views: 32

rpearlberg

Reaction score
I have a Weathertech large mat in the back with the 3rd row seats down - and used 3M heavy duty double-side sticky velcro "loop & hook" adhesive and it works great, the mat doesn't budge but is still easy to pull up when I need to remove it to use the 3rd row seats - see pics
Do you have a link?

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but we are talking about mats that stay stuck to third row when seats up.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think I've found the fix.

I've not had a chance to test this yet but I noticed after cleaning my wife's vehicle that she has mats stuck to the back of her third row and they've been in place for years without fail. To my surprise, she has NO velcro stuck to the back of the third row carpet. She simply has the hook side of the velcro stuck to her mats and then the mats stuck to the back of the third row carpet. I only have two extra velcro circles left over from a previous attempt at making mine stick but simply sticking the hook side to the back of the third row seems to stick securely in place. I'm ordering more velcro dots today to try it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212