First snow/sleet experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will tell you what my 26"s didn't like the 3" of snow that we got. I could barely get up my driveway in 2wd but once in 4wd I was fine.. The winter rims will be going on this week.

My 2wd 08 Tahoe on 24s was straight scary driving in Breckinridge while snowboarding. Never again! All my future vehicles will definitely be 4wd/AWD.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
locked front diff 4WD is where it is at.. all 4 spinning non stop.. + a good grabby set of tires = damn near unstoppable....

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
4wd is for people who don't know how to drive. There wasn't a place I couldn't get my Camaro, Fiero, or any other car when I lived in Utah. I've never bought snow tires in my life. I use to work at Snowbird Ski Resort in Utah and for the City of Park City, Utah.

That being said, my hoe does have 4wd. :walkofshame:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say. I took Sneezy out with low-mild expectations of it being good in snow. Thinking it was going to be too heavy and bla bla bla....

Holy crap was I wrong. slapped it in 4x4 and it didn't lose a step. takes off like a rocket, even in a hard turn in the parking lot I couldn't get it to break lose. I'd say it was almost as good as my old 98 cherokee(which was the worst vehicle ever but good in snow)

I've had similar experiences in the Burb. I have a hard time getting it to "break loose" especially with the traction control engaged. In order for me to do effective donuts in a parking lot I have to disengage traction control and Stabilitrak then I can do donuts to my hearts content :D I rarely (if ever) have to use 4WD at all with as good as the traction control works on these SUVs!

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
I've noticed that with the stock Bridgestones, the skidding you mentioned occurs, but with the Michelin MS/2 (I think) that I used to have on my Denali XL the car handled braking excellently.

EDIT: On a second note, you guys are lucky. End of November and I still haven't gotten to expose the Denali to the winter wrath. Like we say up here, that's michigan weather for you...

Last edited:

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that with the stock Bridgestones, the skidding you mentioned occurs, but with the Michelin MS/2 (I think) that I used to have on my Denali XL the car handled braking excellently.

EDIT: On a second note, you guys are lucky. End of November and I still haven't gotten to expose the Denali to the winter wrath. Like we say up here, that's michigan weather for you...

Where in Michigan? Just north of grand rapids here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn