First snow/sleet experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have to say. I took Sneezy out with low-mild expectations of it being good in snow. Thinking it was going to be too heavy and bla bla bla....

Holy crap was I wrong. slapped it in 4x4 and it didn't lose a step. takes off like a rocket, even in a hard turn in the parking lot I couldn't get it to break lose. I'd say it was almost as good as my old 98 cherokee(which was the worst vehicle ever but good in snow)

Some slight skidding under hard braking but the abs takes over and brings it to a halt quick enough.
IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1342.jpg
IMG_1347.jpg
IMG_1351.jpg
IMG_1352.jpg

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weeeeeeee ... hybrid wonderland!!! :rockit:

shizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice! This is the primary reason I got the 4x4. Those New England winters get nasty and I'm tired of being stuck when it snows 8".

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
web.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Upshot with the HyHoes is that when the snow gets really deep, our bumper doubles as a plow. :waytogo:

ChevyGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have owned quite a few Trucks and SUV's over my years, the Tahoe wins hands down in foul weather driving

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
I have owned quite a few Trucks and SUV's over my years, the Tahoe wins hands down in foul weather driving

Yeah.

I really did think it was going to be terrible.
It's just so big/heavy and more of a luxury vehicle where they do a good job keeping the engine/road noise and vibrations isolated. So you don't have much "feel" for what's going on but more hopes that the car is doing it's own thing the right way.

So even though it's more of a slushy rain i'm still excited by its performance.

As much as I hated my cherokee the only thing it was good at was snow. And being a super cheap POS you didn't care how you drove it or worried about the risk of driving it crazy in snow.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oooo, I dont miss the east coast one bit... Good to know that the hyhoe can tackle snow should the time ever come.. Question, how do you put these in 4x4 mode? Ive only opened my owners manual like once:Boo:

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
oooo, I dont miss the east coast one bit... Good to know that the hyhoe can tackle snow should the time ever come.. Question, how do you put these in 4x4 mode? Ive only opened my owners manual like once:Boo:

there's a large round knob to the left of the steering wheel. It'll have the 2wheel, auto, 4high, 4 low option.

ONLY if your car came equipped with the 4x4 option as it was an option.
I wasn't going to rule all 2 wheel drive ones out of my search when I was looking but I'm glad the one I found had it.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i put a set of Blizzaks on my 17 and i had no need for 4x4. I was getting around town in seriously like 6 inches on the ground. I was brakeing like it was dry pavement. i can wait untill it snows and see how it does with the same tires but lowered this time

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
i put a set of Blizzaks on my 17 and i had no need for 4x4. I was getting around town in seriously like 6 inches on the ground. I was brakeing like it was dry pavement. i can wait untill it snows and see how it does with the same tires but lowered this time

For the most part anyone who knows how to drive shouldn't need 4x4 on a paved surface. snow or no snow. Unless it's super high and fresh you might not fair well with RWD.

I find 4x4 needed more for offroad. That doesn't mean you're climbing a mountain or anything that intense. But getting to a camp site or, like in my case, driving through a soybean/corn field or grassway to get to a site. It only takes a little wet or snow and loss of momentum to get stuck.

BUT 4x4 does make it more fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia