Finished the Caddy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I was gonna say holy caps lol Let me know how the spacers work, I have been on the fence about getting my wheels poked out just a little bit, but a little nervous because of the AWD.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
hahaha all caps!! But with the 1.5" wheel spacers I think you still need to cut the stud ends off. No threaded part just the rounded end. From what I've researched the 1.75" and up don't require cutting. Order the 1.5"s and try them out so we will know for sure.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Your caddy looks really great! Don't see too many done with a rugged look and I like it! :thumbsup:

I have a set of 1.5" spacers that were only installed for a few miles. If you are interested send me a PM.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! As stated above there are not many Escalades with that style.

Not my truck but the exhaust doesn't fit the truck imo. Looks like a old farm truck exhaust with strait pipes. If you are happy great. That's all that matters!
c1cd7e4c006591b3a0b8bce0aaa72f80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! As stated above there are not many Escalades with that style.

Not my truck but the exhaust doesn't fit the truck imo. Looks like a old farm truck exhaust with strait pipes. If you are happy great. That's all that matters!
c1cd7e4c006591b3a0b8bce0aaa72f80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the exhaust needs a little love, I had the true dual system built a few months ago and when I took the truck in I didn't have the tips yet. The shop said bring it back anytime and they'll put the tips on, 3 months later and I still haven't had a chance to get the tips put on. Once I get those put on it should look a little more fitting. As ugly as it looks right now, it sounds awesome.

4WDTRK are those 1.5 wheel spacers your talking about? If so send me a PM with a price I'm interested. My studs measure 1.5" so I am hoping a set of spacers will fit with no cutting, a little bit of grinding I wouldn't mind. I just have a hard time imagining myself cutting wheel studs and then driving on them.

Today was the first day I really drove the truck and I was pretty surprised by all the looks its been getting. Had a guy at the gas station ask me if he could take a pic of his little kid standing by it, he wasn't much taller than the tires.

Thanks again for the complements guys, next step is building a nice little cam setup and getting my light bar put back on. Also considering building some bumpers, looking to build "oilfield" bumpers that still flow with the factory lines and incorporating a bunch of flush mount LEDs in them.

Last edited:

Yukon Lover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope wheel spacers, looks great man I see a Yukon or two with mods here and there and even a navigator that looks cool but no escalades, I would definitely drive back to the shop and show them what they should/could have done

Chano Garcia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally finished up the Escalade today. I have been in the long process of lifting the truck. I put on a set of 1-3" lift keys and Z71 coils with Bilstien 5100s all the way around. I finally got around to putting in my 2.5 spacers today and adjusted the keys. The front sits at 39.5 and the rear almost 41. The keys still have a lot left in them. The adjustment bolt is still well below the torsion bar crossmember. I pulled out the compressor and cleaned up the frame and painted it so it looks like it was never there. The truck rides awesome. The tires are 33x12.50x20s on XD Battalions. No rubbing even at full lock. Considering putting 1-1.5" spacers all the way around to get a little bit wider of a stance. I am very happy with the way the truck came out, its definitely the biggest Escalade around here. I have yet to see another lifted Escalade around here. I took the truck to a 4WD Shop to have the lift put on a few months ago, I rarely have time to work on my truck working in the oil field so I figured I'd just pay and have it done. The next day the shop calls and says it cant be done. They give me some story about the autoride cant be lifted, I told them pull it out I don't want the air ride anyway and I didn't care if it threw a code. They finally agree and I thought all was good again. They call back an hour later and say they still cant do it, "The Escalades are keyed differently than a Tahoe" and basically a lift key wont work. I finally say whatever put my parts back in my truck and leave it alone I'll do it myself. I might have to drive it back up there and show them what couldn't be done. I think they only like touching Jeeps...
I want to do a six inch lift on my 2005 with Autoride can i buy a lift kit not made for Autoride and use it if ditching Autoride?