2007, 205K miles. Stabilitrak light. OK to drive today to get codes read?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
correct, if it is not suspension related then it is something else drivetrain related as a "root" cause that may directly affect stabiltrac function
100%. And to elaborate even more, both the Stabilitrak and Traction Control rely on having known parameters for powertrain performance. Outside of those parameters, engaging either system could have negative consequences, hence why it shuts the system off.

Airman68

Reaction score
I had this same issue with mine a few weeks ago (2008). In my case the stabilitrack and abs light was on, CEL was flashing and the engine ran like crap. This came out of absolute nowhere. Some on here mentioned voltage and ground issues. Everything looked ok. However, it looked like my voltage was way higher than normal. I decided to replace my alternator just because it was a quick china fix at the time. Installed a new AC Delco (probably still china) and for now, all seems well. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not but I'll take it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar