Finished the Caddy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally finished up the Escalade today. I have been in the long process of lifting the truck. I put on a set of 1-3" lift keys and Z71 coils with Bilstien 5100s all the way around. I finally got around to putting in my 2.5 spacers today and adjusted the keys. The front sits at 39.5 and the rear almost 41. The keys still have a lot left in them. The adjustment bolt is still well below the torsion bar crossmember. I pulled out the compressor and cleaned up the frame and painted it so it looks like it was never there. The truck rides awesome. The tires are 33x12.50x20s on XD Battalions. No rubbing even at full lock. Considering putting 1-1.5" spacers all the way around to get a little bit wider of a stance. I am very happy with the way the truck came out, its definitely the biggest Escalade around here. I have yet to see another lifted Escalade around here. I took the truck to a 4WD Shop to have the lift put on a few months ago, I rarely have time to work on my truck working in the oil field so I figured I'd just pay and have it done. The next day the shop calls and says it cant be done. They give me some story about the autoride cant be lifted, I told them pull it out I don't want the air ride anyway and I didn't care if it threw a code. They finally agree and I thought all was good again. They call back an hour later and say they still cant do it, "The Escalades are keyed differently than a Tahoe" and basically a lift key wont work. I finally say whatever put my parts back in my truck and leave it alone I'll do it myself. I might have to drive it back up there and show them what couldn't be done. I think they only like touching Jeeps...

Escalade.jpg4.jpg Escalade.jpg Escalade.jpg5.jpg Escalade.jpg2.jpg

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Looks great! I would either crank the keys a little more to be level or drop the rear 2.5" down to 1.5". The wheel spacers would give it a width stance

OP
OP
H

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it 4 wheel parts that said they wouldn't do it?

No It Was Some Privately Owned 4Wd Shop. They Have Built Some Very Nice Jeeps And A Few 3/4 And 1 Tons, I Had My Company Truck Leveled There. I Couldn't Believe They Were So Unwilling To Work With My Truck After I Had Already Done Business With Them Before. They Have Leveled And Tired At Least 5 Of My Companies Field Trucks Because Of Me. Oh Well, Their Loss. Thanks For The Compliments Guys. I'll Probably Crank The Keys Up A Little More After I Get Some Cognitos. I Got A Lifetime Alignment So I Can Make Little Changes Without Going Broke. Looks Like I Might Go With 1.5 Spacers So I Don't Have To Cut The Studs Down. Sorry About All The Caps, Not Sure Why It's Typing Like That.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu