Fast Draining Battery - What's Wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this problem on my 2008. The dealer can't seem to find the fix. The truck is covered by GMPP. Can someone please direct me to the TSB? My dealer told me tonight that he is ordering a new Radio / Nav unit because the current one doesn't always turn off when the key is pulled and the door opens. He says this is the problem but I would sure like to read what GM has to say about it!

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this problem on my 2008. The dealer can't seem to find the fix. The truck is covered by GMPP. Can someone please direct me to the TSB? My dealer told me tonight that he is ordering a new Radio / Nav unit because the current one doesn't always turn off when the key is pulled and the door opens. He says this is the problem but I would sure like to read what GM has to say about it!
The radio should stay "off" but won't cut power usage for 10 minutes I think because it's still keeping the nav "fresh" per-say

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem and the dealer says its normal and to push the interior light over ride button but 10 - 15 minutes seems a little on the weak side if you ask me. 07 Yukon SLT, my old truck (06 Sierra) still original battery and never had a problem like this.

ajay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just brought my truck home from the dealer. Shut off the key, opened the door and the radio still keeps on playing. I manually shut off the radio and got out of the vehicle, closed the door and locked it. All of the dash lights, the lights on the doors and the rear console stayed lite for quite a few minutes. This just aint right. I'm taking it back to the stealer on Monday

So what about the TSB referenced earlier in this thread. Can someone tell me how to find it?

Last edited:

LILC509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zach2011 or anybody else,
What model of Optima Yellow top did you guys used? I have a 07 Yukon XL non-denali. My battery is gonna leave me stranded because it has been checked and told that one or two cells are going bad. Need info ASAP.

bryanfeelsgood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The radio should stay "off" but won't cut power usage for 10 minutes I think because it's still keeping the nav "fresh" per-say

Is this different than RAP? Because after installing my P3100DVD I would occasionally have the same problem, where my stereo wouldn't turn off at all, even when the key was out and the doors were open. I just thought I had a bad OnStar module (GMOS LAN-02)

Interesting.

LILC509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my z110bt installed few months ago and the first module from PAC was defective as soon as the installer plug it in started smoking and smelling like burned plastic. A second was installed and all was great until two months ago. The HU didnt turn back on when I went to start the vehicle and has to be unplugged almost every month because it does that. What I was told that there are just some bad batches of modules out there and I got one so they are going to give me another one for free. The thing is that modules can go bad at any time also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artmumf