Factory Service Manuals - Anyone have them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...but I've yet to find someone who said "I bought from this seller (that is still around) and the manual was of good quality". If someone will speak up on a past experience, I'll happily pick one up as a companion to my books.

Use the search function! I talk about them all the time. LOL

SeriousCTBuyer on ebay will sell you a download or disc with the information in .pdf form. You can also purchase a subscription at AllDataDIY for instant access and updates and recalls and such for your vehicles. I use both interchangeably, sometimes one is faster to find the info I'm after than the other.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the search function! I talk about them all the time. LOL

SeriousCTBuyer on ebay will sell you a download or disc with the information in .pdf form. You can also purchase a subscription at AllDataDIY for instant access and updates and recalls and such for your vehicles. I use both interchangeably, sometimes one is faster to find the info I'm after than the other.
So the download SeriousCTBuyer offers is the real deal FACTORY service manual in pdf format?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the download SeriousCTBuyer offers is the real deal FACTORY service manual in pdf format?

Yep. It's GMT900, covers all years. Mine is based on Cadillac but has all makes and even pickups in some of the diagrams and procedures and such. I'd like to have the books but they're $400+ last time I checked.

I also usually buy the Motor Crash book for each of our new cars. Couldn't find it for the Yukon so bought a Mitchell Crash Guide which is not near as good but better than nothing which gives you almost all the part numbers too.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. It's GMT900, covers all years. Mine is based on Cadillac but has all makes and even pickups in some of the diagrams and procedures and such. I'd like to have the books but they're $400+ last time I checked.

I also usually buy the Motor Crash book for each of our new cars. Couldn't find it for the Yukon so bought a Mitchell Crash Guide which is not near as good but better than nothing which gives you almost all the part numbers too.

Does SeriousCTBuyer have the GMT800 platform?

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does SeriousCTBuyer have the GMT800 platform?
Last time I checked, yes, I had it in my watch list but didn't know it was the legit manual. I currently have a message in to the seller to verify that it's the correct, factory manual.

It sells for $25. He says it's "searchable by various systems"... seems like a heck of a deal if it's the real-deal...

Edit: I asked if this item which should be all GMT800 SUVs: https://www.ebay.com/itm/262735761691
Was a factory repair manual. The sell responded promptly with this response, "factory with just under 10,000 pages." so I went ahead and placed the order...

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have the pdf download from ebay seller seriousctbuyer... I'm a bit overwhelmed right now.

First of all, my 5 year old Win7 Pro laptop (it's actually a Dell Precision which is used to running high-demand software) struggles to open the main file, I think the size is crashing it. The main manual file is a full gig, 9,979 pages. In addition to that there is an engine supplementary which consists of specs and troubleshooting (109 pgs) and 3 repair manuals (344, 284, & 126 pgs, respectively). Thus, there is well over 10,000 pages of pdf. Holy smokes!

I haven't read too much into it yet, but the one thing mildly concerning to me is that even though the manual is listed for 00-06 Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, & Escalades the picture is a NNBS Suburban... I haven't actually read into the manual any to see if the material is that written for the NBS models though.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing, even my owner's manual has drawings of NBS trucks in it. A telltale sign that they are more similar than meets the eye in some respects.

Mine is broken up into multiple pdfs and if you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat you can do that too to make it more manageable.

I bought the disc and discovered that one of the transfer case files was missing and he promptly sent it over via email. Great customer service.

Last edited:

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a copy for myself, we shall see what it looks like once I get the disk/download the file.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a copy for myself, we shall see what it looks like once I get the disk/download the file.
I bet you're impressed!

I had an issue finding some more in-depth DTC info I was looking for so I asked if I was just missing it. After he looked he said he would check other manuals. A day later he sent me a link for the 04-06 Silverado manual. 24,000 pages of very detailed info. The specific info I wanted was the list of conditions that must be met before the system tests for P0455 EVAP failure. There are 10 conditions that must be met. It lists this info for virtually every DTC test including the P0455.

iddqd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loooong time ago I downloaded don't ask me where the GM full Service manual for all GM domestic vehicles from 1980 till 2009. This is the same software that dealers are using. It's a Virtual Machine, one would need a VMWare player to run it. PM me and I will point you out in a right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo