Factory Service Manuals - Anyone have them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking around, I found the complete set of three service manuals... Does anyone have them?

Are they useful?

I have always bought the factory manuals when I get a car, just wondering if it is worth it...

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, my dad just bought a set for his XLR, 2 HUGE books, very indepth!!

pittmanb8

Reaction score
I have the full 3 volume set of factory manuals. I like having them as they have all the torque specs and help out with those hidden screw locations. Wiring diagrams are useful as well.

Big thing to remember is that they are more a reference manual vice a how to repair manual. Also, you will spend lots of time cross references and flipping back and forth to go through each steps. For example, to remove the dash, there are only a few steps but each of those steps refer you back to another section which in turns refers you to another section. Just be ready to break out the bookmarks.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have all 3 and there are times where they are very handy and other times where it's just easier to go out to your truck and just start doing whatever you need to and figuring it out as you go.

rgaffney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this something you would get at the dealership?

pittmanb8

Reaction score
I got mine off ebay for less than $100. Good deal if you can find them. Not sure if it's worth it if you have to pay dealer price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec