Anyone have any insight on factory remote start key fobs for 2001-06 suburbans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Some folks better versed than I will chime in soon.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have anyone done a factory remote start key fob for a GMT-800? Does it require reprogramming the BCM? Someone please let me know! TIA
As far as I’m aware there wasn’t a factory remote start option in general for the GMT800 platform, nor have I seen any variant of the GMT800 key fobs with a remote start button added. Only lock, unlock, and panic buttons. I have a fully loaded 2006 Yukon XL Denali and per my build sheet from GM, it has every option that was available that year. No mention of remote start.

I did however read a thread on here a few years back that a member that had just picked up a new to him 2006 LTZ package suburban, which those are pretty rare, had stumbled upon a sequence of button pushes on his key fob and the truck started up remotely. Maybe it was an option for that first year of the LTZ trim on the suburbans, but I’ve not read or seen anywhere else of that happening.

I seem to remember mentions of aftermarket remote start systems that can use the factory key fob to activate the remote start feature, with a programmed sequence of button pushes to do so. I don’t know which aftermarket system offers that though as I don’t have one currently. So I’d suggest using the search feature on the forum to look around and see if any of the threads discussing aftermarket systems detail which brand system has that feature.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On my '05 Yukon, a "CompuStar" key fob was installed, before I bought it. So I have 2 key fobs. One is the factory and the other ( CompuStar) works the same except it has remote start.

Your install is more than just the FOB. There will be a control module that was installed in the truck, too.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your install is more than just the FOB. There will be a control module that was installed in the truck, too.
You are correct. An additional relay behind the grill with a rouge wire for power, then a wired module / antenna under the dash.
But I am unable to completely know how it is installed. No schematic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz