Factory Service Manuals - Anyone have them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not spend too much time looking for them. The FSM from GM are not well written and a PITA to use. I come from Toyota FSMs that are so well written they are a pleasure to read. The GM manuals are terrible, repetitive, and bounce you all over the place to different sections. I ended up getting the Haynes or equiv. manual.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ebay seller seriousCTbuyer
I have the 3 volume FSM from Helm (I always have bought the FSM for every vehicle I have owned), but would love to have a PDF of it too. I have scanned a number of pages from mine that I refer to frequently to make it easier to access, but I'm NOT going to scan the entire 3 volumes!

I have concerns about seriousCTbuyer's version though. There were significant changes to the GMT800 platform in 2003 (and there were plenty of smaller changes at other MYs), so I don't see how a manual can properly cover 2000-2006 . Do you know if his version is based on pre or post-2003?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have the 3 volume FSM from Helm (I always have bought the FSM for every vehicle I have owned), but would love to have a PDF of it too. I have scanned a number of pages from mine that I refer to frequently to make it easier to access, but I'm NOT going to scan the entire 3 volumes!

I have concerns about seriousCTbuyer's version though. There were significant changes to the GMT800 platform in 2003 (and there were plenty of smaller changes at other MYs), so I don't see how a manual can properly cover 2000-2006 . Do you know if his version is based on pre or post-2003?

Calling encyclopedia @swathdiver

Josh87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I could definitely use a pdf link if anyone still has available, unfortunately a little too tight right now to pickup the physical copies. Thanks!

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's getting more and more important to have a cheap printer! Nearly impossible to buy a paper manual for a reasonable price. My friends JD tractor is a good example- FSM in PDF is about $450 and requires 10-12 component manuals for $80-125 each. Aftermarket real PDF's were $85/$15. Then there is the Software to read/reset the computer only available hacked($250) unless you pay the $950/year subscription fee from JD.
I'm liking my Epson big tank printer now.

jtsongas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would very much appreciate a link as well, working on my 2002 GMC Yukon XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia