Factory Bose Entertainment System: Radio Lights Up. No Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see this has been been discussed more or less but not in the specific way I'm looking for so I'' ask another question.
Factory radio lights up as it should and has full functionality other than sound. So I know the fuse is good as it has power.
My question: Is there another fuse for an amplifier? Nothing in the service manual indicates there is other than a combined fuse/amp designation. Same with the online postings I've come across (here included).
Nothing has been messed with. It just quit.
Any insights?
Thanks in advance.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What year, make and model? Fuseboxes are different.

OP
OP
A

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that.
Without being at the truck at the moment to investigate, would you say that fuse is for the radio and amp, or just the amp?
If the latter, then that's probably the culprit.
As mentioned, the head unit still lights up.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's another fuse labeled "Radio" very close to the Radio Amp fuse.

OP
OP
A

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks.
I haven't had the opportunity to investigate but now this gives me a short track to listening to the news.
Thanks again.

OP
OP
A

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the fuses were quick and easy to find however they both appear in good shape.
I'll have to get out the multimeter and start troubleshooting.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bose amp should be under the center console, those are sometimes known to go bad internally (develop bad solder) or have a poor connection at the harness connection
you can try smacking it a few times and see if it comes back to life but I am willing to bet it is the culprit, if so you can usually find a used replacement on ebay for pretty reasonable, part number has to match, does not require any kind of programming or anything. plug-n-pray.

OP
OP
A

Alberta Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the console?
Perhaps not coincidentally, the sunroof had been leaking for a while. As a result, the centre console/ glovebox ended up full of water. Wouldn't surprise me if some of that made its way to the amp.
More work...
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadi awais