Fabric wheel liners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any iddea why GMC would coat the wheel well liners with fabric '23 Denali)? all kids of debris sticks to it like needles and leaf debris then falls off in the garage? It does not hose off well as the fabric is sticky. Then if you try and rub it off with a rag it gets static cling.. My guess is that it is a noise dampener, but I do not like it..

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been like this since 2021, Toyota has done since early 2010’s. It’s quieter, that’s the main draw. But also snow and ice tend to stick less…it’s felt…is what it is…

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 18 silverado HAD fabric liners, other than getting dirty and holding dirt and looking dirty didn't notice any other issue's.
a previous owner had lowered it and ran too big of tires and rubbed a good part of it off so I bought regular plastic liners off of amazon for a pretty reasonable price.

TheAgency

Reaction score
An electric pressure washer cleans them out in one or two passes. I do it during my weekly wash.

40 degree tip. 1500 or so PSI. Look at options from a brand called Active.

Greatly prefer felt to the plastic of yesterday.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theyve had those for eons. Even the prior generation did.

As stated above, several passes with a powerwasher and they clean up like new.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting - I just bought a used 2021 Yukon Denali and as we got back from a camping trip in the deep forest the wheel wells were coated with pine needles/dirt stuck to the felt. Tried to just hose it off but had to use a broom along with garden hose to get the needles to unstick.

Personally, I thought it was annoying because you can see the junk stuck to the felt since the wheel wells are large, which is why I felt compelled to clean up. Never had this on previous vehicles.

Still - I LOVE the rig!

Last edited:

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the felt liners, as it reduces rock noises, and they can easily be cleaned with a bristle brush.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noise. I'm not sure what you're doing to clean them, but they hose right off on my SS. They clean up better than the plastic ones.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any iddea why GMC would coat the wheel well liners with fabric '23 Denali)? all kids of debris sticks to it like needles and leaf debris then falls off in the garage? It does not hose off well as the fabric is sticky. Then if you try and rub it off with a rag it gets static cling.. My guess is that it is a noise dampener, but I do not like it..
My 2017 Burb is the same way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667