Extended Warranty--Yea or Nea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I now have factory bumper to bumper for 7 years, plus wheel coverage for $23 which isn't going make me or brake me. I also got a lower interest rate on my total loan amount which means less interest paid.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't remember off top of my head but can check paper work later

smittydog

Reaction score
peace of mind

I got the 5/100 bumper to bumper coverage. I believe it was 1200.00 for it.

I did it for the peace of mind...electronics aren't cheap to replace.

When I traded in my Jeep, I got 500.00 from that extended warranty and I put the money on the new Yukon warranty.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JMHO, and not to offend anyone.

I guess it's a personal preference, but IMO, the peace of mind is from an unfounded fear that is used as a scare tactic and sold from your dealership.
Funny how awesome the car is until the finance guy tries to plant insecurities in order to try to pad the dealerships profit.

I own and maintain a minimum of four new vehicles at all times which I trade in a four to five year cycle. In all of my years, I've never had a major breakdown or failure of any kind.
GM and Ford build some very high quality vehicles, when I buy new, I inform my salesman to close the deal himself because I'm not wasting a second of my day listening to the finance dude insult my intelligence and pad his paycheck with his nonsense warranties, paint sealants or carpet scotch guard pitch.

It's simply an extremely low odds, extremely high profit gamble from the dealership.

Last edited:

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wait til my warranty is almost up , then get it, because it runs with your regular Warranty so you only get 2 more years. Seems like your paying twice for a little extra coverage. To each there own. Just saying

robstor

Reaction score
I got extended warranty added on my loan. Only added a couple of bucks & the best part is it doesn't care on your mileage. You have it as long as you have the loan. Then you can purchase the plan. So I just keep consolidate credit card bills into it and keep the warranty going.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

vp46

Reaction score
JMHO, and not to offend anyone.

I guess it's a personal preference, but IMO, the peace of mind is from an unfounded fear that is used as a scare tactic and sold from your dealership.
Funny how awesome the car is until the finance guy tries to plant insecurities in order to try to pad the dealerships profit.

I own and maintain a minimum of four new vehicles at all times which I trade in a four to five year cycle. In all of my years, I've never had a major breakdown or failure of any kind.
GM and Ford build some very high quality vehicles, when I buy new, I inform my salesman to close the deal himself because I'm not wasting a second of my day listening to the finance dude insult my intelligence and pad his paycheck with his nonsense warranties, paint sealants or carpet scotch guard pitch.

It's simply an extremely low odds, extremely high profit gamble from the dealership.

No apologies necessary on my end! I am in the exact same camp. I've never in my life ever been able to justify or for that matter use an extended warranty.

STAY IN IT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's insurance, plain and simple. Do we, on an average, come out on top of the insurer regarding premiums paid versus benefit payout? Absolutely not! The argument can be made that certain individuals don't need medical insurance because they are healthy, liability insurance because they have nothing to lose, comprehensive auto insurance because their vehicle is not worth fixing, etc, etc.

For most of us, a $50, $500, or $5000 repair outside of any warranty or extended protection plan is not going to result in bankruptcy or selling a kidney. On the other side of the coin, we are likely not going to get $5k+ of warranty repairs while covered by a $2k extended plan. At the end of the day, just another insurance choice we make. (With inconsequential ramifications relative to our other insurance decisions)

Reaction score
after all the problems I had with my 07 Yukon xl, I added the extended warranty to my 14 Z71, along with it came free oil changes, and 100,000 mile power train, and electrical....coasted me 1500.00

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts