Extended Warranty--Yea or Nea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lade

Reaction score
Buy a apple stock for $2k and if your car breaks down in few years which I highly doubt it will,
you can get it fixed with that money if not that $2k apple stock will worth probably around $4-5k and you made some extra money.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the warranty on these 2015 models is OUTSTANDING already.

save the $2-3k and put it somewhere else...say a CD or bond...or in the market as mentioned above.

Why pay out of pocket for a potential expense in the future when you can put that money to work for you today...and still have that money in the future. Warranties are 9/10 times a waste of money

OP
OP
JasonDenali15

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

Thanks for the feedback! I opted NOT to get the extended warranty. When it's all said and done, I take great care of my trucks. I just traded my 2004 Denali with 140k miles for the 2015 Denali. Over the 10 years my biggest expense were for some bearings for the AWD.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would NOT get it either. 99% of the time they use every excuse in the world to weasel out of warranty work - that even applies under the bumper to bumper new car warranty.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it because when spending 75k it was a little peace of mind. They offered me a much less interest if I went with extended and tire warranty. My payments went up by 23 dollars a month for extended. It was a no brainer for me. 23 which is like 4 iced coffees a month. It's also transferable and can be ended and get back money prorated.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it because when spending 75k it was a little peace of mind. They offered me a much less interest if I went with extended and tire warranty. My payments went up by 23 dollars a month for extended. It was a no brainer for me. 23 which is like 4 iced coffees a month. It's also transferable and can be ended and get back money prorated.

I don't get it..
Dude, you have a three year bumper to bumper warranty included in your purchase price. That's your built in, already bought and owned peace of mind. Why pay $23.00 a month for what you already have? Your dealer pockets half of that "no risk" sale.

If you want to buy extended coverage, do it when your factory warranty runs out.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy it in the 11th month or at 11000 miles. The total mileage warranty starts from there...so a 100k warranty takes me to 111k on the odometer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700