EasyCare Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gkuypers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any with experience with EasyCare Extended warranties? My dealer can sell me either the GM EPP which I understand is underwritten by AIG or EasyCare. The top bumper to bumper extended warranties comparing plans the GM EPP is 6 years 90k miles and EasyCare is 7 years, 100k and is about $300 cheaper. Thanks in advance for comments.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I personally hate extended warranties. You buy a new vehicle and have a bumper to bumper warranty. Why buy an extended warranty that lays over the top of that bumper to bumper warranty. If it is a used vehicle, with no warranty, buy an extended warranty then if you feel you need to or at least wait till your bumper to bumper warranty has run out.

Or do as I do and recommend, when you get the vehicle, start a savings plan for that vehicle and in the end, the odds are with you that you will spend less money, if you take care of the vehicle.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI, most "bumper to bumper" are not equivalent to the OEM bumper to bumper. They only cover mechanical or electrical failures. Leather, trim, wheels (coating failing due to corrosion), and most interior pieces aren't covered.

I learned this with a platinum plan on my 2017 Denali. Bought it GM certified at 41k, and they offered the platinum plan for $1400, so we took it. My first visit to the dealership for a laundry list of items and was told it was customer pay for anything not electrical or mechanical. It chapped my ass because the stupid visor holder broke on the driver's side and I fully expected bumper to bumper to cover a $17 part. NOT! So, I did that myself......

I completely agree with what @OR VietVet has to say. I'm not one for gimmicks, as most extended warranties of any kind are (they are profit generators generally). BUT, in this day and age of expensive repairs, and stupid failures due to cost cutting, it may make sense. I'd definitely try and work them down on the price though. 3k is a lot for a safety blanket

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with what @OR VietVet has to say. I'm not one for gimmicks, as most extended warranties of any kind are (they are profit generators generally). BUT, in this day and age of expensive repairs, and stupid failures due to cost cutting, it may make sense. I'd definitely try and work them down on the price though. 3k is a lot for a safety blanket
Don't take this the wrong way @OR VietVet , but you are the same person that advocates the glories of having a 2005 vehicle also. ( I also have 2004 so I know how old that is...) Not all of us want to live in the stone ages.
If you want vehicle advancements/comforts, then you have to take vehicle complexity right along with them. In 2005, I wouldn't have bought a warranty either, but on a 2021+ with the problems we are seeing, cost of the vehicle and its complexities, what's 3k to cover it longer? Many of these people paid MSRP+ 5-10K just to sit in the driver's seat. You can easily recoup warranty costs on just one fix. 3/36 ain't that long. Mine is going back this week for 600.00 parts + labor, bad fuel filler neck assembly....Out of warranty, wouldn't be covered....Just the tip of the potential iceberg.
If I never used it, then I got lucky and actually had a good one, but just for the record, my last 2 warranties on vehicles I had were exceeded by repair costs by thousands of dollars I didn't pay, not to mention rental cars were covered while waiting God knows how long for parts in todays world.... Some vehicles in the local GMC dealers service lot have been sitting in the "Bullpen" for months waiting on parts.....

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way @OR VietVet , but you are the same person that advocates the glories of having a 2005 vehicle also. ( I also have 2004 so I know how old that is...) Not all of us want to live in the stone ages.
If you want vehicle advancements/comforts, then you have to take vehicle complexity right along with them. In 2005, I wouldn't have bought a warranty either, but on a 2021+ with the problems we are seeing, cost of the vehicle and its complexities, what's 3k to cover it longer? Many of these people paid MSRP+ 5-10K just to sit in the driver's seat. You can easily recoup warranty costs on just one fix. 3/36 ain't that long. Mine is going back this week for 600.00 parts + labor, bad fuel filler neck assembly....Out of warranty, wouldn't be covered....Just the tip of the potential iceberg.
If I never used it, then I got lucky and actually had a good one, but just for the record, my last 2 warranties on vehicles I had were exceeded by repair costs by thousands of dollars I didn't pay, not to mention rental cars were covered while waiting God knows how long for parts in todays world.... Some vehicles in the local GMC dealers service lot have been sitting in the "Bullpen" for months waiting on parts.....
Please remember what I said. I stated that if you want one get one but don't get it till the original bumper to bumper expires. When you buy one at new vehicle delivery, you are wasting money. At that point, it is not an extended warranty, it is an "instead of warranty". You said it yourself, "but on a 2021+ with the problems we are seeing". The woes of these newer rigs are all over this forum. You pay the piper when you just have to have a new vehicle. More power to ya. If you want the creature comforts that work maybe 50% of the time, "git 'er done". I ran shops for 35+ years and had to call in to the extended warranty companies and they are robbers, pure and simple. If ya gotta buy one, get it thru the manufacturer because I have seen the generic ones close down and leave customers stranded, move to another state and open up for business with a new name.

I will repeat, do not buy an extended warranty till at least you go thru the new vehicle bumper to bumper warranty. To buy an extended warranty at new car delivery, is a complete waste of money.

OP
OP
G

gkuypers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and opinions on this topic. So based on responses I’ve received it seems no one so far has experience with the Easy Care Warranty. Also just to be clear the more miles you have on a vehicle at the time of warranty purchase the more the extended warranty is at that time so that is why I’m choosing to purchase at this time.

OP
OP
G

gkuypers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Id go with GM for ease of use. I would increase the term to 96 months 100k if you can. Also has additional features like tow and rental coverage.
Easy Care also includes tow and rental coverage. As for ease of use I’ve been told since the GM EPP is underwritten by AIG it’s no different other than it says GM. Still need an AIG agent to access the issue at time of warranty claim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2