Experience with Remin Steering Wheel Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My steering wheel has almost 10 years and 220k miles worth of wear on it and I was looking to repair some of the leather. There are some interior upholstery shops around here that will wrap the steering wheel but I think that looks like crap. I came across a company that sells factory steering wheels that are completely redone with new leather and they add some wood features.

http://www.carid.com/2003-gmc-yukon-wood-grain-dash-kits/remin-steering-wheels-901047.html

Anyone have any experience with these? I figure it was worth a shot so I ordered the black leather with cherry burl.

mason313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was looking at these too but the one that matches my denali was alot more

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
they are made by custom crafts/american stitches...great wheels but alot of $$$ for little benefit IMHO

I would get a wheelskins wheel wrap, put it on and call it a day!

OP
OP

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are made by custom crafts/american stitches...great wheels but alot of $$$ for little benefit IMHO

I would get a wheelskins wheel wrap, put it on and call it a day!

I don't think it was a lot of money. I got a quote for a wheel wrap installed at an upholstry shop around here and they wanted $150! I think they look like crap anyways. I bought the Remin for $99 and figured I could return it if the quality is lacking. Well, the wheel is awesome. The leather feels awesome and the wood on the top and bottom looks amazing. I never thought I would like the look of the wood but I think it fits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purolator