Everyone happy with their belltech street performance shocks??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Great info guys!

Whiteout/Austin, are you using drop arms in the front? If so, do you have the part number for the front shocks?

I just ordered new jounce stops and hoping to get new shocks and an alignment before I put my new tires on.

I pm'd you bro. But no, not running arms anymore, back to spindles. So I can't help you with a part #. Pretty sure someone can get you the number you need bro. it ain't a secret wouldn't think......

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Well my kit, I got from Tony.. 3-5.5 drop, full Spohn UCA and LCA bars rear,Panhard bar and my front and rear sway bars I got right from Eibach. I got the helpers bags for towing and run the SP BT in the rear.
Now I bought Tony's kit about a year ago and have about 1800 miles on it since then...( I know, its sad she sits)
Now I thing the shocks in the front that came with the kit are DJM's. I HATE THEM! Says nothing bad about Tony and he might of revised his kit since I bought it last year this time.
ALEX33 is the guy who has got the shock game figured out in my opinion. I think him and Mike did a lot of trial and error. From all of Alex33's research I would go with the Bilstein for the fronts. I am trying my hardest to find that thread where we were all talking about the front shocks for DJM arms.
I also made the mistake of cutting my jounce stops right out,but after reading WHITEOUT's comments on that last year, I have red energy suspension bumpstops in there now.
I run 24's and do a lot of towing to shows and trails. The only complaint I have ever made was about the front shocks, that originaly came with my kit....

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the kits i sell now all use the belltech street performance shocks. My 6 inch rear drop springs designed them around the belltech rear sp shocks ride is nice.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
See...thats what I thought Tony. I think you were selling the kit with the DJM Calmax shocks, right? I'll run to the garage and check...gimme a sec..............................................................................................................Yep,thats what the were. I know you have revised your kit since I orderdd mine last year. GOOD DEAL!:waytogo:

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

TSB09000..... I think I found it linked in this thread. M Hankel wrote this up well.....
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50131

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I wouldn't listen to this^ guy. Nothing but lip service from him. :Big Laugh: just kidding with ya Jonas. Hope all is well homie

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
I wouldn't listen to this^ guy. Nothing but lip service from him. :Big Laugh: just kidding with ya Jonas. Hope all is well homie

OUCH! throwing daggers at me already! Doing good man. Couple guys you sent my way had some questions about my drop. So I figured I better get on the Suspension thread and put my .02 in.
I get wrapped up in the lounge talking s*&t and I forget their is a whole nother world on here:D. Good to see you back my dude!

sent from my "Zack Morris" mobile phone.

OP
OP
tsb09000

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
From what I can gather, the correct belltech street performance shock number for use with djm lower a-arms is 10103B and 2410FF for the rear. Any discrepancies there?

After reading great things about billstein shocks, I'm somewhat torn now. The part numbers I have found for them are 24-013284 for the front and 24-143806 for the rear but shock extenders are a must.

Has anybody gone from one brand to the other? Any pros/cons on using shock extenders?

I've gotten a lot of help from quite a few people but would love to make this as easy as possible for somebody needing shocks in the future.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It boils down to your preferences....

You like a firm ride or a soft ride.

I like super firm so I changed my setup. Nothing wrong with having one or the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwill205

Latest posts