Escalade side mirrors on a Tahoe LTZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually didn’t. There were a few on pass side that part of the top clip broke off. I rotated and re-used.

I would say when I change door speakers I probably will have to change some clips at that time.

Best chance of success is pulling deliberately and somewhat quickly. I was able to start at the panel nearest the hinges and work my way around. Seemed to go best.

One other thing-the upper door trim needs to come off as well. When installing make sure you get the weatherstripping back right—it goes over the trim piece.

It is not hard, and makes more sense when you do it.

All's well that ends well...... Finally tackled the mirror swap. I was glad I picked up one of those plastic trim pry bar kits from amazon ,the door panel took some force to get popped. First door took less than 30 minutes until I dropped the 7 mm screw down the hole in the arm rest after putting it all back together. Used some tissue to plug said hole in second door panel to save taking it off a second time and searching for renegade screw.

I must say, now that the new mirrors are in , they were worth all the trail and tribulation . I feel 100% safer with less blind spot and the blinker indicator in the front of the mirror just might let the driver next to me know what the hell I'm about to do. Besides, they look better than the stock Denali mirrors.

This has been a great thread and thanks to all who posted. Leveling out the rear is next.......

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All's well that ends well...... Finally tackled the mirror swap. I was glad I picked up one of those plastic trim pry bar kits from amazon ,the door panel took some force to get popped. First door took less than 30 minutes until I dropped the 7 mm screw down the hole in the arm rest after putting it all back together. Used some tissue to plug said hole in second door panel to save taking it off a second time and searching for renegade screw.

I must say, now that the new mirrors are in , they were worth all the trail and tribulation . I feel 100% safer with less blind spot and the blinker indicator in the front of the mirror just might let the driver next to me know what the hell I'm about to do. Besides, they look better than the stock Denali mirrors.

This has been a great thread and thanks to all who posted. Leveling out the rear is next.......
Did you get the 360 view mirror part working?

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the 360 view mirror part working?

No , I didn't bother with the camera. From previous posts on this thread, it looks like you're going to spend another G and need an advanced degree in Electronics just to get that working. I do well changing a light bulb.............

Also, relying on SS and a small VA check; that's an expense I can live without. Leveling out the rear and Dash cams would seem to be the next worthwhile "upgrade" . Meanwhile, I've eliminated a potential accident ! I would highly recommend just the mirror upgrade to everyone. It is just a Plug n Play operation.

Again, great thread and helpful input.

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Xavier Adames

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you going for bigger and 360 view or just bigger?
My truck is an LT and I hated the small mirror. I going for all options that we all end up getting to work. I have a 2018 with no mirror options but many other options. This truck actually confuses me to what it really is lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts