Escalade side mirrors on a Tahoe LTZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orlopez_oc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah you'd have to buy a new door switch and verify that the harnesses are wired to accomodate. I believe the harnesses have the turn and fold built in but you just have to add a switch and appropriate mirror. Search the web on that though to verify. I saw a how-to formun post for adding power to a non-power truck (dont remember if i added it somewhere along in this thread). I think it was a gmtruckclub.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll go there and search. See what other info I can gather.

orlopez_oc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
More than likely , you will need the wiring harness that has those "goodies" and the switch.

I'm a late arrival to this thread and read it from the beginning to end several times before swapping mine out a couple weeks ago. I was fortunate to find a white that matched my White frost tri coat. Get some extra door "clips" just in case.

There are a lot of helpful members on this thread . Good luck.......

Thanks for the reply. Ordered the mirrors already. Fingers crossed that all will work. At least the turn signal for now. Switch will have to wait and I’ll worry about the power folding later. As long as I can adjust and have the turn signal working I’ll be happy. Thanks again

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you able to get the mirrors in White First Tri Coat?? I just bought a pair of Escalade mirrors that are Crystal White Tri Coat and I'm anxious to see how close they are in color.

Mine were the Crystal White . I was looking at them today under a clear sky and couldn't see any difference . Don't know what a body shop would charge to paint them these days, they seem to be charging close to Doctor prices lately.....

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you able to get the mirrors in White First Tri Coat?? I just bought a pair of Escalade mirrors that are Crystal White Tri Coat and I'm anxious to see how close they are in color.

Picture is Escalade White Tricoat mirrors on Denali White Frost Tricoat. I Can't tell the difference enough to spend the $$ on getting the covers repainted. The bugs can't tell either...

Escalade Mirrors.jpg

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, it is not close enough to the other painted parts for anyone to notice. Can you tell a difference it the viewing area from this to stock since you have had a chance to drive it?

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, it is not close enough to the other painted parts for anyone to notice. Can you tell a difference it the viewing area from this to stock since you have had a chance to drive it?
Yes, the difference in safety and vision is very noticeable and well worth the cost and time to switch out the mirrors. Something GM should have done from the on start .

Then again, one can just buy an Escalade but a bit too much Bling for me..........

char316

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the LEDs on your handles work? I bought them for my 2015 yukon but the guy who was putting them on said that I am missing a wire to get the LEDs to work.
Guess I missed this. Here you go.

3a22305d2a818abb54f7613b48b0317f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the LEDs on your handles work? I bought them for my 2015 yukon but the guy who was putting them on said that I am missing a wire to get the LEDs to work.

You need to get the wire from the puddle lights on the mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87